a few days ago... (triggering?)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by GhostOfYou, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostOfYou

GhostOfYou Well-Known Member

A few days ago, Wednesday night, I cut my wrist too deep.

Yeah, it was a few days ago, so yeah, obviously it's not still bleeding.

It was starting to heal (so I thought) andI took the bandage off Thursday morning...it openeded up.
    It bled for 24 hours total befor letting up, finally stoping bleeding Thursday night.
    When it did stop again, I hit it on the counter and it opened up...again, yesterday morning.
    Bandaged it up, all was well, good, great.
    Last night it opened up again..but not too bad.
    I cut last night, deep again, but not nearly as deep as befor and bandaged those up.
    Well, this morning when I took the bandage off, not only did the new cuts open up, but the deep cut from the other night did too.

Ahhh fuck. why can't I keep it closed??
    People keep telling me to go get it looked at, I probably needed stiches, I should go befor it gets infected, that I should go to the ER, etc..

But I just can't! AH! My parents don't knowww about my cutting and I can't tell them.

:sad:
    heh...help??

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I highly suggest you get this checked out by a doctor. I understand you may not want your parents to know but at the end of the day - your health must come first. If you don't do anything then from what you've said, it's unlikely its going to close up on its own and the longer it's open, the more likely it is to get infected.

You could try using steristrips. You can try getting them from your local chemist and they may close the wound but I still recommend you see a doctor to stay on the safe side.

Can you go to the doctors on your own? Or take a friend with you?

It would be good if you can tell your parents, how do you think they would react? Quite a few people think they would freak out, but sometimes, we are surprised. They are more likely to be concerned for you than be mad at you.

Take care of yourself.

3. GhostOfYou

GhostOfYou Well-Known Member

Thanks Resistance.
    Well, In the US, you need to be over 18 to go to a hospital by yourself of otherwise you need parental...yeah, you need your parents. Well I'm 14...and I can't drive. Plus by law, if a medicaly certified nurse/doctor or a concler/theripist knows that you are going to or have hurt yourself or anyone else, they have to tell your parents. They don't have patien/doctor confindentiality untill you're 18 here :(

Well, my mom told me whatever my problem may be, she'll always be there for me even if she doesn't understand...but I don't want to make her go through this. She has so so much to deal with right now, she's always so stressed, plus we had state inssurence a few months ago but it got canceld so now we probably don't have the money.I just keep hiding things from my mom because she has her own problems and I just...should learn to deal with myne on my own.

steristrips is a great idea, thanks. I'll try to see if I can get some.
    Thanks for all your help.

-GhostOfYou

4. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

I really do understand that you don't want to worry your parents. But, this is risking your health, and if it keeps opening, it could get infected, if that happens, you just won't have an option, and it's really not worth it, not worth risking it. Your mum sounds very supportive, I know you don't want to cause her stress, but if I'm fairly certain she'd rather know about it and be able to try and help you, than deal with it on your own. If steri strips won't hold it, please please tell them and go and get it sorted. :hug: Take care. x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.