A few frustrating days

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by MoAnamCara, Apr 21, 2016.

1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Just venting -

I'm easily pushed over my tolerance levels anymore. I'm trying to get better and I am, but sometimes things can send me into an anxiety-filled frenzy that is difficult to come out of. It can feel like it won't end.

Once the anxiety raises then all else spirals. Triggers come unexpectedly and without me knowing what or why.

And times like this, I feel alone and sad and pathetic. It is exhausting. And all of this I would like to end.

That's all.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"
    "No one asked".
    MisterBGone likes this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hope you're anxiety level goes down my friend. I know how it feels and its many various symptoms can be overwhelming. Sending calming thoughts for inner peace and stillness.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, as everyone knows here, I suffer from severe anxiety issues once to the point I did not leave the house for 5 years. I know you are a survivor and not a victim. There are so many therapies that can help with anxiety these days compared with a few years ago. Currently I am taking part in a research study (DBT study) and it IS helping my anxiety, maybe find out what therapy is available to you? Medication can also help immensely too so maybe reach out to a doctor? Keep talking to us here and I hope your anxiety eases off soon, we are here for you ((hugs))
  4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thank you both.

Oh, I'm on meds. And in therapy. And it's something I'm consciously working on to try and stop or curb before things get out of hand. Logically it seems easy... My brain comprehends what it must do, I know steps to take before things
    Spiral. In Practice I find it much more difficult than perhaps it should be. And sometimes trying things that should help can make things worse because I know underneath it all what I am trying to do. It's like me reading a book on how to stop things... Yup.. It makes sense. But the actual reading causes things to go haywire. Just a wonky head case.
    MisterBGone likes this.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What kind of therapy are you engaging in hun? You;re not a head case at all! Your feelings are justified. I hope you begin to feel better soon!
  6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Sorry you're struggling with this. Anxiety is awful!

I know engaging in the things that cause you anxiety is tough, but in the end it will help you. But perhaps you need to start slower?
    But in a way it makes sense... my therapist explained my anxiety like this: I had been picking mushrooms and had been unfortunate to pick a lot of bad ones that made me sick... and now I am afraid to even pick a mushroom (mushrooms here being a metaphor)... and now that means I can't taste the good mushrooms... so I have to get back out there and pick a few ones again, to see that there really are good ones out there. If I don't do that, I'll never know.

In more 'real' terms... if I don't try things, I won't learn that it's not always dangerous... so I have to work on putting myself in those situations.... but one step at a time
  7. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks for responding.
    MisterBGone likes this.