• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

A few months later...UPDATE

So its been a few months since I last been up here. During the time I was gone, things seemed to get better for a while then I just started spiraling back down into the black hole that I thought I could climb out of. I'm not going to go into detail about what happened but I got into an argument with my mom, about my mental health, and I told her I felt sad and depressed, and I feel worthless, and she said that she didn't care and I almost got put out the house for it. Not to mention, people at school love to make fun of my appearance, and I, for the most part, tend you ignore it, but when you have people messing with your pictures and threatening to ruin your life for good, it gets overwhelming. But today, I had a really bad breakdown, over the fact that I have standardized tests on Thursday, and I cant seem to remember any of the math I've learned throughout highschool so far. The teachers don't teach at all, we have to teach ourselves through websites. Anyways, it got so bad that I ended up ripping out patches of my hair, puking, I have a really bad headache, and a stomache from nasal drip, in which it's still occurring as I type this out. Anyways that was an update, I hate myself

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that your mom treated you so poorly. sometimes parents dismiss this to a teenagers issues that are normal. but when a child brings up that they have depression and other issues parents should talk with their children and not dismiss them. please try to talk with someone else. maybe a school counsler, doctor, or another relative. if you are being bullied or teased at school report it that's not ok. and please keep talking we care about you. i hope things work out for you soon. please don't self harm and pull your hair. things can get better with help...mike...*hug*shake*console

I'm sorry. That sounds awful.

Your mother dismissing your depression and saying is awful, and I can only imagine how hurtful. Depression is a real illness, and shouldn't be dismissed like that. Do you have someone else you can talk to, or go and stay with? A friend, other family member, school councilors? In the meantime, you can always share on these forums.

You being bullied is also not acceptable. I would definitely recommend reporting it immediately, as Mike said, to see whether it can be sorted out. I know it might seem like ignoring it is the best strategy, but it really isn't - the worst mistake I made when I was being bullied in school was to hold my silence for so long. It really did no good.

Stay safe. Sending hugs *brohug.

and she said that she didn't care and I almost got put out the house for it
That's awful. Your mom is really reacting the wrong way.

Do you feel like it's best to live with your mom, or do you have a relative that you trust that you could live with that might be better?

I have standardized tests on Thursday, and I cant seem to remember any of the math I've learned throughout highschool so far
It may come back to you when you take the test. Also, worrying doesn't really help make things better, only good decision making.

The teachers don't teach at all, we have to teach ourselves through websites
That's really awful. I wish they were better.

I hope things can get better soon.

Sending hugs

Oh :( I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly. That's awful that your mom reacted so poorly. Do you have anyone else you can talk to? *hug
I've been telling my dad about how I been feeling lately, and for the most part, he usually ignores most of it, or repeats the same thing, but I guess he finally got fed up with me texting him about it because he said him and his wife will discuss me getting a therapist :)

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I've been telling my dad about how I been feeling lately, and for the most part, he usually ignores most of it, or repeats the same thing, but I guess he finally got fed up with me texting him about it because he said him and his wife will discuss me getting a therapist :)
i think a therapist will help you a lot. if your father is willing maybe you should give it a try...mike...*hug*shake

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00