a few things I've learned

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tiredfighter, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiredfighter

tiredfighter Well-Known Member

ok so a few weeks ago I went off the site to go and get help for myself, I went to hospital for a 72 hour period after which I was allowed to go home with a whole new arrangements for therapy, I now go once a week and it's really been helping so I thought I'd share a few of the things that I've learned so far and see if they help anyone, the first thing I've come to realise is that even though it doesn't seem like it alot of the time, when you're feeling low and things are really bothering you the people who care about you DO want to know, they want you to open up and include them in what's going on and once you take the leap and let them in for the first time its easier to do it again, also I've learned that blaming yourself for particular things no matter how trivial or serious is the worst thing to do, taking a minute to identify what's happened and how you played a role in the event makes it alot easier to deal with and gain control over your thoughts as I know that personally I have a habit of loading everything that's gone wrong with anything squarely on my own shoulders instead of saying "ok I did this, but I did this because you did that which made us both say and do things we didn't mean and we BOTH are to blame" (assuming of course that it's an argument which is normally the case for me) also one of the most important things I've realised is that suicide absolutely is not a solution, there is no problem that is permanent, every bad experience is temporary and completely overcomeable, it just takes time and willing but if you have the desire to make your life better you absolutely can! I'm currently finding that reminding myself of these things helps alot (along with meds and therapy) and I sincerely hope that you guys will find this to be helpful too, and I'm not going anywhere so if anyone wants to talk privately about anything that's bothering them I will most definately try my best to help.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm really glad you got help and you are starting to feel better. way to go.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too am glad you reached out and got help for YOU way to go and thank you for your insight into what you learned hugs to you
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

So how are things with your mom and brother tiredfighter? Have they accepted you back into the family? :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.