A forum full of users?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by WhyMeWhy, Nov 30, 2007.

?

Wanna see an entire forum about drugs?

1. Yes I do

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. No I don't

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. What?! Whatever man...

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Yikes! How would you like to see a forum full of info for both users and non-users? Where you can express all of your opinions on legal or illegal drugs/links to sites that sell legal drugs(psychotropic herb = marijuana substitute). I didn't even know it was allowed, but apparently..... I won't post the link unless it's allowed here. :?

2. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind at all, I encourage freedom of speech on the internet - well, as long as it's done so maturely and responsibly. I'm generally a supporter of individual freedoms. An exception is of course if harmful intentions are the basis for a site. I was a regular member of a large forum designed specifically for discussion of all substances both legal and illegal, harm-reduction, and a number of other controversial topics from 2002-2005. That forum was meant to inform though, the nature of the forum you're referring to may be entirely different.

As for hosting links to "legal pot substitutes" or other similar ads - well, I would never frequent a forum that includes that rubbish. Most all of the forums I've used never included any ads at all.. except perhaps links to approved sites which were related in subject matter, but those were often provided in a specific section on the boards only for members who were interested. In fact, if I ever visit a site with pop-up ads, I usually block it and never go there again.

As for dealing real drugs online, certainly that's illegal. It's always a mistake to discuss illegal transactions with strangers, and online is no exception. People have been fined and arrested for downloading music, and you can be sure the punishments are far worse for drug activity. There have been people thrown in prison for years over possession. I personally think it's very, very wrong.. but that's reality, at least here in the U.S.

3. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Free speech is a dodgy freedom but if your going to do it then do it properly. That site should be allowed. I hope people just remember with every freedom comes a responsibility.

Selling drugs has nothing to do with speech however. That isn't a freedom (for most countries) and that part of the site should be banned. However, if the site is set up in a place where the selling of drugs is permmited, then it doesn't go against any laws. Joy of the internet, responsibility for your freedoms again. It is illegal however to buy from the site if your country's laws say you can't.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  4. ClockworkCrow

ClockworkCrow Active Member

Freedom of speech is the right to shout building in a crowded fire. Yay!

But anyway, i think that it's all right. I'm anti-drug personally, but what someone does in their own home, that's not hurting anyone else, i have no right to impose my way onto you.

So yes, it would be interesting. Opinions are good.

5. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

That made me giggle hehehehehehe!

6. WhyMeWhy

Hello, ok, this is tricky.... these are some responses to my new drug forum:

"you are a fucking idiot. thats all im saying on the matter"

"I'd say get a better hobby. If you're bored when you're not off your face then there's something not right in your life."

"Drugs are fucking great!"

"Hobbies are fun. Drugs ARE great.
    Try not to go free running on LSD."

"If you are gonna do it, just do it. Somewhere else. With like minded people.
    Its boring."

"Depends what you take.
    Some things can do wonders for you if you are in a horrible state mentally"

"Original poster is horribly over the top however, and comes across as a complete tool."

"I've had some good experiences of drugs, and some bad, and as far as I'm aware, I am still (fairly) stable mentally, so I can have no complaints really."

So it seems I've had a bad idea... the mix of comments only suggest that people will never get along... somehow I thought maybe drugs would be a great equalizer.

7. WhyMeWhy

I've decided to collect opinions on all kinds of drugs. You can also share your experiences. Info is available there as well. For those who are curious...or just bored.... you can check it if you like: There is also a recovery section.

http://bravo.messageboard.eu/33565/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.