a friend needs help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by A friend, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A friend

A friend New Member

I have a friend she 18 and lives with her parents still because she failed a year of school; so she's finishing school up this year. During last year she had tired to commit suicide. She was put into the hospital. She got out but she was still depressed. A lot of her friends in High School has left her before she tried to commit suicide but that's not the only problem. Their is a couple more but I don't wish to talk about them because its her own personal business. She on medication but now her family is telling her that she's a "failure", etc. I used to live near but I had to move last year, so I don't know how i can help her when I'm so far away. Just a couple hours earlier she was talking about committing suicide again but I was able to convince her not to this time. But I'm afraid she'll start it up again. Is their any place she can go to get away from her family? A shelter in the pudget sound area of Washington state? Please! Theirs got to be something she can do to get away from her family.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If she is 18 she could look in a phone book under women shelter and call them letting them know she needs a place to stay and some councilling. All you can do is talk with her be her friend I hope you can convince her to get some therapy the shelter might provide that. Talk to a teacher or school councillor let them know you are worried about her and how her parents treat her. Phone her school and talk to someone there they may provide her some help as well.
    You are a good friend and right now that is what she might need the most. If you think she is going to harm herself call crisis or hospital and let someone know so the can prevent her from doing so. take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.