a friend....

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by red_trail, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red_trail

red_trail Active Member

has uirged me to tell my parents that i SI but he is the only person on this earth that knows. he does not however, know why i did it, why i do it and that he is the only eprson i trust in thw whole world. i dont wanna tel him becuase I KNOW his fiancee went through some of the same experiences and is a recovering depression sufferer. i dont wanna do tht to him but he is so worried im gunna do siomething stupid,

he is also in the mindset of if you dont tell them i will. I dont nknow what to do becuase SI'ing is my rel;ease and if my parents find out and try to take this release off me my whole world is gunna shatter around me...

meh... anyone got any ideas??

much love xx
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

First off, it's great you have someone that you trust so much. Maybe you could try and put all your trust in him and tell him more? If his fiancee has been through something similar then the chances are he will have a level of understanding about it and might be able to help.

What bothers you about your parents knowing? Is it that they might make you stop it?

You could easily be underestimating them, yes, they will be scared, confused, probably ignorant of SI, they may use anger as a cover emotion, but they will not stop loving you. If you could try and educate them about what they could do that would help you, then you and they stand a good chance of working together. (I know some good links, so if you want some info feel free to pm me)

Maybe it might make your friend feel more safe and settled if you could show that you are willing to help yourself, maybe go to the docs, or a teacher, or if you are in the UK try and find some free counselling (there are places out there and I have a few ideas on how to find them, so feel free to PM me if you want help). If you can show him that you are trying, and also that you are safe, then it might help. All of those things I have suggested would put you on the path to dealing with the pain that makes you cut, as opposed to forcing you to stop harming yourself.

There is no easy solution to this, but maybe him telling them might be best for you in the long run, even if it seems awful in the short term.

Take care
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I didn't realise that I had just replied to you in the dep forum, sorry, I didn't mean to stalk or anything, and sorry the advice is similar, lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.