A friendly reminder...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by moko, May 20, 2010.

1. moko

moko Active Member

I don't know if I'm writing this is the right subsection...anyhoo,

I am a member who joined earlier this year because of mood issues and other hardships going on in my life. Back then, I felt an immediate welcome both on the forum and on the chat and it did make a difference in my life. The result was that I did not have to come here as often because of my mood was better and things were finally rolling along in my favor.

However, I felt the need to come back today and seeing familiar names in the chat, I decided to join in. Unfortunately, few even bothered to say a simple 'hi' and after a few minutes of reading, I realised that my presence wasn't very welcomed. I feel bad because I thought this was a safe space, not a safe place by privilege.

I just want to say that I am aware that many people have know each others for months, years and even have met IRL. However, the chatroom should avoid ''clique'' behavior and consider each one who joins in. You never know what a difference it could make in someone's day and life.
  2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

im so sorry we made you feel like that. I wasnt really paying attention to the chat when you was online so i apologise or i wouldve sparked up a conversation with you. please come back in. No-one should be made to feel like that as i know how it feels myself and its not nice.

If you ever feel the need to speak to someone when your in chat just PM me ill always reply eventually :)
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Yeah, it happens. Main chat has a bit of a cliquish nature to it, I find quiet and triggering don't as much.

However, you really have to jump right into the conversation if you want people to be more receptive and welcoming. It's hard to relate or anything with someone that is silent.

I will always say hi if the room isn't packed but usually I will leave it to the other person to take the conversation further if they want to.
  4. moko

moko Active Member

Thanks pineappletree

Fawkes> I know that jumping in is the way to go, I've used the chat here often in march and feb and I know how it is, except that today, I dunno but I just felt so out of place especially after an absence of a month½. It's just so hard for me today to open up to people since I have been living in isolation for 3 weeks now

Anyway, thanks for your answers.
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you felt left out..I never go to chat.....stay and talk to us via posts....
  6. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in chat moko, please don't give up on chat, it does have its moments like any other group I guess, hopefully next time will be better.
    If you do give it another go please let me know how you find it.

Thanks Hazel