A Gift and A Curse

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have been blessed with the gift of music. I have been a drummer for 30 years.

During that time, I have done many things musically.

I had a ton of friends back then when I was active in my youth. Once I retired, a lot of my friends fell away. As if they were only my friends because of my music.

Now....that I am un-retired, there is so much I want to share with my new friends....you guys!! But....yet...I know...that while you might be mildy interested, for the most part it doesnt or wont mean that much to you.

For example, I could give you directions on how to see a video of something that blows me away and gives me chills to watch, even though it happened back in 1982. But most of you guys wouldnt watch it, and even if you did, wouldnt find it as exciting.

So my gift, from God, is just that a gift, but also a curse.

Heck, I dont even get support from my wife!

But that's ok. My motto remains the same today as it was back then. Have sticks, will travel!

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

You've got me puzzled Bill. Why is it also a curse?

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Because, ultimately, I am the only one who cares. lol

For example, would you be willing to spend 3 minutes watching a drum corps video?

It would be different if I were a rock star, I suppose. :laugh:

I am not saddened by it. I have lived with that almost my whole life.

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Well, I can see how people who aren't specifically into drumming might not be as enthused as you. (Same as if I went on about the technicalities of gardening, or wanted to share with people some pix or video of a garden that i loved that sort of thing),

But wouldn't it be ok if the other people were equally as interested in drumming? They'd be just as enthused. Common interests I guess. (btw, even if it were a video of Ginger Baker or Keith Moon I don't think it would make a lot of difference!)

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

true dat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.