A good day!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dringer, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

My father announced today that he is going to stop drinking. So I'm hoping he won't become an ass anymore. I hope he sticks with it and actually stops.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That's awesome news :hug: Keep us updated on how he is doing. I've also stopped drinking as its my new years resolution :)

3. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

thats wonderful news :]
    please keep us updated :]
    i hope everything turns out okay
    :hug:

4. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Will do. I'm glad to hear you've stopped as well. It never helps, just makes things worse. He said his goal is stop on the 15th, that way to prepare himself for it. I'm going to sleep for now, I'll be on tomorrow though.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Dringer,
    I am glad to hear your father is going to stop drinking. I am a recovering alcoholic and an expot head. Iwasted about twenty five years of my life staying wasted.
    Once your dad gets past a couple of months he will find it much easier to see how much he has missed out on. He will need your families support. Myself I quit cold turkey on both accounts. I miss the pot the most but am too old to be going to jail. Over the holidays I had some mixed drinks and they tasted nasty to me because I haven't drank for so long.
    Once he gets to that stage it will be alot easier for him to stay straight. Good Luck to him and you!!~Joseph~

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Cheers to your dad going sober. :drunk:

7. healing07

healing07 Well-Known Member

I am very happy for you and your dad.
    Its really a very good day for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.