a gun

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of buying a gun. Not to shoot myself. But to see if I can get good at it. My dad had a gun.

I just need a hobby in my life. Guns can be fun. I only shot my dad's gun a couple times. Maybe target practice can get my mind off the way I feel, angry, isolated, and desperate.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi pit. Maybe a bb gun might be a good option if you want to do some target practicing. I have a bb gun but I don't use it much. It looks very real too.
  3. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

My Dad said that about getting a gun. He went through the background check and the classes required and got his permit to carry. The thing is he did end up threatening suicide and they took away his gun and permit.

Please be careful if you get one, especially if you feel suicidal. I'd hate to hear you're no longer with us. That being said target practice is fun even if I can't hit the broad side of a barn. lol

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

you probably wont value my way of thinking but i dont think thats a good idea
    thats just escaping the problem; according to what you said about your main intentions
    and in any moment; although blowing off brains IS a very hard decision; you could end up taking it and eventually deadly harming you
  5. neverdie

neverdie Guest

If u want a gun, get a paint ball gun. I've always wanted to get one and shoot out all those red light camera's :biggrin:
  6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

The paint ball gun sounds like an option.
  7. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

We always had guns-clean & locked-up. I've thought about getting one but we have no security problems here, and if I tried to use it to off myself it would be a big mess. Guns aren't a sure way, as isn't anything else.:unsure:
  8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea, too.
  9. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

yeh, i mean, i have a paintball gun and its a lot of fun..i rarely go anywhere with it but its a lot of fun.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

have fun with your new hobby:tongue:
  11. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

I can see how target practice can give you something to do that might help with your mentality... Why don't you give boxing a thought?
  12. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

I have a bb gun and a co2 gun and it helps just shooting at stuff. A real gun would probably be too risky. God knows that I´d do with it when i´m in rage.

Push ups and a boxing bag are also a good way to get rid of negtive thoughts, when you´re really exhausted from working out you just lie down and feel great.

Give it a go :D
  13. I'm not gonna TOUCH that one!

(seriously - I do wish you good luck in finding a hobby. I think it's grand idea!)
  14. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Try getting a bow and arrow. There are some REALLY cool ones out there and they are a lot of fun to practice. I just got one for Christmas and it's a blast!
  15. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Haha! If you met me, you'd change your mind! I'm not exactly a 6-5 brickhouse.

I'm 5-9, average build, and introverted. I don't even like touching people, much less punching them. I'd rather push a button to punch somebody.

Ha, wimpy, I know.
  16. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Oh God I'm laughing my butt off here. I've a bad cold so I'm dealing with tears and snot (sorry for the picture lol :eeew:) runnng down my face.

Not laughing *at* you my friend, only the scenerio, thanks for confirming my fog is lifting and I can still laugh at things.

Now for the semi-rant, eh?

Off all the thousands of cool, engrossing hobbies out there for a man feeling "angry, isolated, and desperate" you choose...

a gun

You choose shooting as a hobby and distraction.

:trampolin Now that's Comedy Central material. Pit, heard of Larry The Cable Guy? He could use that one to hilarious effect. lol :)

BB guns, boxing, bows, arrow <---fuck that shit, I'm for the paintgun.

17. pit

pit Well-Known Member

You know, now that I look at it, that is choice comedy material! I'm gonna use it. Glad you got a BANG out of it!
  18. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.