a hard day.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, Jun 7, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Mom came into my room early thismorning.
    Today was the day we were going to put down one of our cats.
    We've had midnight around for as long as I can remember.
    My sister and I used to dress her up in bonnets and push her around in a stroller.. XD
    Lately though, she'd been sick and lost her zest for life.
    She was senile and deaf- had back arthritis and forgot what she was doing half the time. A few days ago, she was puking up bile and blood all around her sleeping area... so we knew that she had to go.

She went for the big sleep.
    We were there with her-- she felt the pain of the needle going into her and cried out. There wasn't anything more that the vet could've done for her though.

It's hard to think that a friend who'd been around forever would one day just go away.
    Maybe it'll sound stupid... but I'm very sad today.
    I had to put my 20 year old cat to sleep.
    Now it's just Sheeba and me... and I fear the day that I'll have to do the same for her.

I don't want to have to see them go. everyone and everything has an expiry date though.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Vanessa just think that she had a long life..It was her time to go.. We just put one of our dogs to sleep.. She was 21 and was death, going blind, and not eating.. She had shriveled up to nothing.. We had a vet come to the house and put her down..She made a copy of her paw print in clay.. A momento..Un fortunately they do go..Twenty years is a long time for a cat to live.. Why don't you get another kitten.. I got a new pup and he keeps me busy..I just wanted to let you know I understand your pain..Take Care!!
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry for your sadness it is hard when a member a your family leaves Your did the right thing she had suffered enough she gave you lots of years of love. Be comforted in that she is not suffering anymore I hope in time you can pick out a new little one to bring you as much joy as you cat did. take care it is okay to cry and be sad okay let it out okay
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

you had the compassion to do the right thing ..:hug: :hug:
  5. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound stupid at all. You lost a long-time companion and it's ok to feel sad. :hug: for you. I am sorry for your loss and pain.
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:mad: WHO SAID IT WAS SAD.

Losing a kitty can be like losing a person if you had one for long enough. I know it was like that when I lost my kitty :hug: :hug: :hugtackles:
  7. minime

minime Well-Known Member

'sorry you had a sad day, sweetie....
  8. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

Indeed it can be. Mine are my furchildren. And I don't care how silly that sounds. I get made fun of a lot for saying furchildren to other ppl, they don't get it.
  9. minime

minime Well-Known Member

not silly at all :) i say i have two kids, a girl and a boy...the girl is a real girl but the boy is a pomeranian. my pup is nicer and kinder to us that most people we have met in life. when he goes, it will really break my heart.
  10. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss and hugs. Back in '03, a few days after my uncle's sudden death in a car accident, my mom and I had to have our dog put down. He was a toy poodle that we had gotten at the pound. During his last days, he was pretty much the way you described, really sick and unable to walk. Watching him was so painful and I remember it being the hardest thing ever because he also cried out when they put the needle in him. Through out all my drama in my teens, he was always there for me. It was extra hard to lose him just days after my uncle who was only 43 at the time of his death. Two years later, we got another dog. He is 5 now and I sometimes think about how hard it will be when he gets older.