A huge step forward in my opinion.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by PiecesMended, Oct 9, 2010.

1. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

I saw my councillor the other day and I managed to tell her about a lot of the crap that happened to me at school (which is one of the main cuses of my depression) It wasn't just dumb school stuff either and I find some of it particularly difficult to talk about. Well what I noticed was that normally if I tell anyone, I have no emotion and it comes out like I don't give a damn about it. Which I think is me trying to protect myself. But when I told my councillor the other day (for the first time) I felt myself get really angry over it. Which I prefer to apathy, now that I understand my own feelings a little better.
    Oh also, I've had my sessions lowered to once every two weeks instead of every week. (there was a scare and they made them more frequent)
    I'm having fun at college and I've made lots of friends which I never thought I could do. I've been starting conversations with total strangers as well. :stars: I'm doing very well recently :cool:

2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Well done, it's always nice to hear about people starting to do better :)

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

How brave and wonderful to hear...hope your openness continues...sounds like you really benefitted from being yourself...big hugs, J