A kind gesture for someone else

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Petal, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't know about anyone else but I for one feel often that people only talk to me because they feel they have to, or if they want someone, or just to be nice, also...I often feel like an annoyance to people. So often I do kind gestures for other people to kind of lay some of the guilt off of me and it works. For me helping others is very therapeutic for me. So maybe others feel somewhat similar too. Doing something generous or kind for someone can help both parties! So....I insist that you try and do something kind/nice/helpful for someone today and onwards and post it here...

Today my uncle passed away, instead of feeling sorry for myself, I placed a call to one of his sons and supported him a bit-he was already doing alright though which was great :) I also supported someone going through a crisis early this morning.

But anything at all no matter how small, even holding a door for an old lady or helping the elderly cross the street! Post your kind gesture for someone else.
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

My kind gesture is making you laugh at all the silly jokes and comments I make :p

And even just the bounciness in some of my random chat bursts - they take your mind off some of the not so positive stuff going on, which can help relax a person in stressful times.

The other day - I was in a queue at my local shop. First an old man with a zimmerframe came round the corner - so rather than make him go behind me, I let him queue in front of me (less distance to walk - I presumed it was a nice gesture, and was greeted with deafening silence). However, soon after that, there was a guy (approx 5-10 years older than me), on double crutches, so I let him in front of me for the same reason, and he responded with the grace and dignity that the older guy didn't. And they wonder why younger generations have issues with the elderly when they cannot share manners and appreciation at a gesture of kindness... :sigh:
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you - you have certainly succeeded in making me laugh and giggle considering the day that's in it! Thank you for that, it means a lot :hug:

That was nice of you for what you did in the store lol. Reminds me of that time I saw a woman drop money at a bank link, someone picked it up for her and she looked at them like they had stolen it from her, when they were being nice and helpful! The mind boggles sometimes lol! But you did do something good so should praise yourself!