a lesson from a 7 year old child, this is insightful!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by emily83, Jun 8, 2014.

1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.*

Suddenly, my son Matthew spoke up from his relaxed position in the front seat.*

"Mom, I'm thinking of something."*

This announcement usually meant he had been pondering some fact for a while and was now ready to expound all that his seven-year-old mind had discovered.*

I was eager to hear. "What are you thinking?" I asked.*

"The rain," he began, "is like sin and the windshield wipers are like God, wiping our sins away."*

After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond. "That's really good, Matthew."*

Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little boy take this revelation? So I asked... "Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that
    tell you?"*

Matthew didn't hesitate one moment with his answer: "We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us."*

Who can drive in the rain again without thinking of this one???*
  2. Pink Teardrops

Pink Teardrops Well-Known Member

This is wonderful. I'm so glad I stopped to read. Thank you so much for sharing.
  3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

It's a good story, very clever. Don't underestimate 7-year minds. But I'm curious why each statement comes with an asterisk.

* :coffee:
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Well, as the Good Book says: "..... out of the mouth of babes and infants, thou hast ordained praise......" (or something like that :)) That's wonderful Emily! As Pope Francis has said about forgiveness: "If God does not forgive, the world would not exist."
  5. j@k

j@k New Member

It's a beautiful story, all over the internet. Sometimes a little girl, sometimes a little boy, by an unknown author.
  6. emily83

so am i.

mainly because when i posted it, they wern't their at all.

it was just the statements
  7. emily83

you're most welcome- glad you enjoyed it
  8. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:freehug: for a very perceptive Matthew
  9. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I'll be keeping that in mind when I drive through the rain all week! Thanks for sharing!
  10. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

that is so true