A letter from my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I've just found a note written by my daughter last year when I went missing..

Mum
I loved you so much, I wish that you had known that. Those special memories of you will always make me smile. If only I could have you back for just a little while so we could sit and talk just like we used to. I loved you and always will. The fact that you're no longer here will always cause me pain but I'm glad you're no longer in pain. You will be forever in my heart.
Until we meet again.

I'm broken. Sitting in the garden crying. I've caused my children so much pain. I tell them every day how much I love them but I'm not sure they'll ever believe that now. How could I do that to them? What kind of a mother can be so selfish? God, I hate myself for what I've put them through.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
But another way of looking at it, Lu, is realising how much your children love you and that you have been given another opportunity to share the future with them. Leave the past behind, look forward to create memories from happy moments.

Mercedesgirl

Your not selfish , you were in a very low place, you are still here now to be a good mother, you are a lovely person, sending you a massive (((((hug)))))

I know how issues with children can be, be strong

You must have done lots of things right to have your daughter care about you that much, and you are still here so things can get better. Do it for both of you.

Take care

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sounds to me a lot like she loves you very much regardless of what you’ve ‘put her through’
Ash is right, look forward and cherish the moments you still have together.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Agree with all above...you clearly are an amazing mom...so cherish your times with her now and into the future...sending you hugs...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I agree with all the above too, you were in a bad place - that is not a crime. You may have hurt them at the time but you can only move forwards now and make a million and one new beautiful heart cherishing memories, you're an amazing mom :)

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs be grateful that you are still with them they love you. You are stronger because you have them. I know it’s all been hard but we all struggle just be glad you are with them now. Hugs

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Don't hate yourself Lu - you were very ill at the time and the intensity of the pain was overwhelming your mind to the point where it blocked your awareness of just how much you are truly loved and valued. I hope that finding this treasure from your beloved daughter will always remind you of that and become a source of strength which anchors you, whatever happens.

I've just found a note written by my daughter last year when I went missing..

Mum
I loved you so much, I wish that you had known that. Those special memories of you will always make me smile. If only I could have you back for just a little while so we could sit and talk just like we used to. I loved you and always will. The fact that you're no longer here will always cause me pain but I'm glad you're no longer in pain. You will be forever in my heart.
Until we meet again.

I'm broken. Sitting in the garden crying. I've caused my children so much pain. I tell them every day how much I love them but I'm not sure they'll ever believe that now. How could I do that to them? What kind of a mother can be so selfish? God, I hate myself for what I've put them through.
Hey. I’m a terrible Mom. Never physical abuse but verbal abuse of my 2 daughter’s (mean comments when we disagree about anything, demeaning and basically just a poor excuse for a Mother.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
She loves you. She loves you so much she wrote this note. If you weren't a good mother to her that note would never have been written. You're very lucky to have this caliber of love in your life, Lula. No, not lucky, you earned it and you deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00