A life for a life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by What2Do, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What2Do

What2Do Member

I have been involved in a car accident and the result is that there's a youngster lying in hospital fighting for his life. I also wrecked my friends car and the said youngsters motorbike.
    I don't think I can cope with this anymore. The accident happened a week ago and it's all I think about all day. I didn't go for a medical check up and I've had a constant headache for over a week now. I don't know what to do. I love life but also wish that I just wouldn't wake up in the morning. I'm miserable and it's not even my fault.
    I feel sad and don't want to be around anymore, but I also don't want to hurt thos that I love. What to do? What if the youngster doesn't make it? I'll never be able to live with myself.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If it is not your fault then you should not feel any guilt and you should get your self over to hospital now as you may have suffered a concussion and you need the swelling in your brain to be monitored ok ACCIDENTS happen hun you suffered as well as the youngster on the bike so take care of YOU ok

3. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Dont beat yourself up dude, accidents like this happen and there was probably nothing you could have done differently. I sometimes drive a friends bike and I know that everytime I do there is a chance I can get hit and seriously injured or killed. I consciously chose to take that risk. Not saying its the bikers fault or anything just that he probably feels the same way i do and probably wouldnt blame you for what happened.

I think you should really go to hospital, you could be seriously injured, head injuries are silent killers. I would also suggest seeing a trauma councillor. Trauma like this is not something you just get over and could effect you for a long time so best get help now while you can.

Be safe and stay strong buddy

4. What2Do

What2Do Member

Thanks guys. I'm going to take it one day at a time, and try to deal with it.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Please reach out ok talk to a councilor or therapist so your can heal from the trauma from the things that you saw and please hun go get help for you head injury should be look at ok hugs

6. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Just remember that you dont have to deal alone. There is no shame in asking for help.

Stay safe and stay strong.

7. What2Do

What2Do Member

Thanks guys, you are all wonderful!! I'm going to go away for the day. Get a change of scenery and try take my mind off of my problems. Even for just a little while. Thanks for all the encouragement and advice. Lots of love from South Africa!

8. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

Hi, if you are not to blame for the accident then you shouldn't feel sad. Those kind of things happen on a daily basis. It's fate. No one can change that. I really hope both of you come to terms with what happened and that the guy in hospital recovers fast.

9. What2Do

What2Do Member

Thanks bud, appreciate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.