A Life Less Lived

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by TheLoneWolf, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Hope is surely pure insanity
    A vain attempt in the name of vanity
    There's no humane in this humanity
    Life is a four letter word profanity
    This world you see is just formality
    A distraction from our own mortality
    'Tis surely an act of irrationality
    To think I could alter this reality
    Afraid to face the faceless faces
    Wasting years in wasteful places
    I've come last place in paceless races
    Forced to face my own disgraces
    O'er the cliff's ledge I'm leaning
    Hoping to find my life's meaning
    The forces of gravity are convening
    To pull me o'er the edge, careening
    I frantically flap but my wings still stall
    In spite of my fight I flail and fall
    It serves me right for having the gall
    To think that I could fly at all

2. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Describes how I've been feeling lately. Like no matter how hard I try I will never achieve what I want or deserve. Nothing seems to go the way you hoped. This is why I say never say never. Any messed up thing can happen no matter how unlikely you think it is. Life is doing a pretty good job at teaching me that

3. TheLoneWolf

Murphy's Law.

If only the opposite of that was true.
    Well, for some people, it is. Some people have all the luck. Some people win the lottery. Others get struck by lightning. If I was a betting man, I'd save my dollar and stay indoors during a thunderstorm.

4. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

You can always be a better man. These things happen so we can become better. Winning the lottery doesn't make you a better person. It takes losing things to grow. If you got everything you ever wanted you wouldn't know a thing.

5. TheLoneWolf

I don't need to get everything I've ever wanted. But it would be nice if life threw me a bone every now and then. I've suffered enough that I have enough perspective to actually appreciate it when something good happens to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I've suffered some, because without knowing misery you can never know true happiness. The problem is that I've always known misery and I've never known happiness. I'm ready to be happy now. I'm tired of growing and learning from my mistakes. I've done enough of that. I'm not a young man anymore. I don't have a world full of opportunities open to me anymore. I'm not going to change the world or win the lottery or get my dream job. I've accepted that. I don't need to be rich or famous or marry a supermodel or have a fantastic jetsetting life. I've left those dreams in the past where they belong. Those dreams are long dead now. Now I just want to be happy and live a normal life. Not sure why even that has to be so out of reach for me.

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I hear you. I'm sick of the humiliation and I want it to stop. So I've stopped trying, and now I live inside of myself.

7. champie

champie Well-Known Member

Well done Wolf.

I've been fortunate my whole life with opportunity after opportunity to create a life worth living. I squandered every one of them before I realized what a fool I have been. I thought I was gifted, talented and smart. I viewed others as ignorant and base.

Now I recognize I am a cretin and I am unable to escape my own judgement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.