A lifetime of bullying...

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by sami, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sami

sami Well-Known Member

My mum has always had something against me. For as long as I can remember I have always been the one who takes the brunt of her crazy mood swings. She will ignore me for weeks on end, then be all nice and talkative to me like nothing happened. Or... she will talk to me like I don't understand english. Or... she will shout and scream at me for being in bed all day (I am off work with severe depression and anxiety) and she tells me how she forced herself to work, so I should too.

She also makes me buy my own food; but I had no money this week so I asked her to spend £3 on some frozen vegetables for me. She proceeded to tell me how greedy and selfish I am... and then once I had walked upstairs she carried on ranting at her partner about me. And then he said that she should kick me out, and she agreed.

They don't know I heard this.

I cannot take anymore. Why do they hate me? I cannot help the fact that I am ill...

What can I do to make things easier until I leave?

2. Sorcery

Sorcery Member

Although it is near impossible sometimes, try not to give your mom the satisfaction of seeing you visibly upset. She may stop after a while if she is not getting a reaction. If the confrontation is one sided, it can't be continued. Hope this helps :cool:

3. Freddy

Freddy Guest

I have pretty much the same problem with people in my family. They simply dont understand what I'm going through.

If possible talk to a social worker, teacher, counsoler, ...somebody about your situation. They might be able to help. Perhaps get you on some sort of student assistance. Maybe (with your permission) they might speak to your mom about your condition. Its a hard thing to talk about. I know. It took years befor I went to a therapist to let them know I'm suicidal and also that I have anxiety issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.