A little advice please??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kezzie, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezzie

Kezzie Well-Known Member

Am pretty sure this in the wrong place so apologies for that but I didn't know where to post.

So today has been a slightly better day for me, though the thoughts are still there, they're easier to silence today. Because I was't feeling so down I was able to really think about things for the first time in a long time, and think this is because of all the wonderful people on here so thank you!!

I came to the decision that as of tomorrow I will try and improve my situation, and so I made a doctors appointment for tomorrow morning. Truth is I'm terrified of attending the appointment. I have no idea what to say or how to say it a way that won't make me sound like some crazy attention seeking fool.

I was wondering if anyone on here has any advise? It may seem like a silly thing to ask for but I am literally at a loss and the thought of attending this appointment has me very nervous.
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

You know what it isnt silly, I asked the same thing when I first went to the docs, it is amazing and strong of you to do so, I know how nervous it can be. Just say something small like you feel down, and the doctor should ask questions to make it easier, remember after you have people here to distract, support, or even vent at.

Would you let us know how it goes?
  3. Kezzie

Kezzie Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting me slightly at ease. I'm literally terrified. If you would like to know how it goes then I would be glad to tell you. Thank you for taking the time to reply
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

it is a big step but look at it this way you do this then a whole world of opputanity can open up, plus they can tell you your options and you can choose you do not have to agree to anything you do not want too, and please let me know!
  5. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

I am very proud of you, Kezzie. Please let us know how it goes!
  6. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Kezzie this is wonderful. I, like you, was terrified on my first visit. I think I said "I guess I'm depressed" and the doctor started asking questions. He was very kind. I cried. Just let the tears flow if they start. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Please let us know how it goes and how you are. What a brave step. I too am very proud of you. ♥♥♥
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.