a little bit about me

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by confusedgirl, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confusedgirl

confusedgirl Well-Known Member

Well here goes: I first joined here 5 years ago wen I was just 16, I just left school and had alot on my shoulders, I was depressed and self harming and had given up hope on my life, i came here for someone to talk to as I had nobody. I started college and found it hard to make friends because of the way I felt i was very anxious and feeling more and more depressed, I struggled with work loads and with college in general everyday was a struggle. I took advice from people on here and took medical advice I found it a strggle but stuck it out, A few months down the line I took an od and spent sometime in hospital, my parents found it hard to talk to me and vice versa, i couldnt understand why I was feeling the way I did I lost friends and withdrew myself from people I knew, as a result i was put on anti-ds, my life was hard and every day I wanted to give up so badly and eventually with drew myself from here,I stuck college out and aftertwo years i completed my course and gained a diploma. It woas tough. and most days I cried but I wanted to suceed in somthing in my life,a week afterfinishing i was offed my dream job, I kept myself quiet and hid from my thoughts and feelings taking each day slowly and a day at a time. i learnt to cope with my feelings and knew i had to get on with my life. Threeyears on I have my own flat, ican drive andhave my own car i still have my job and have been promoted to a type of manager, life was smooth until lately I once again have started to feel down and feel somtimes like just crying,But at work im the one who is never sad so wen I am everyone notices i know depression will always be with me but i guess what im trying to say is people think they will never feel better but things do pick up ok maybe u may have bad spells like i am but there is always someone to help, dont bottle up your feelings its the worst thing to do. Sorry I rambled but I needed to say it all.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thank you for sharing Have you told your doctors about your depressed mood sometimes meds need to be adjusted after awhile. increased or changed even I am so proud you stuck it out and got your diploma it does help to have education I hope your depressed mood goes away soon Take care and thanks its good to hear positive stories.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you have succeeded despite the issues you have dealt with. You are a survivor and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing with us. Maybe others can find hope for themselves. :hug:

4. confusedgirl

Hi thanks guys. Violet- I'm no longer on meds I went thru a bad patch and took myself off them as they just were not working!

I hope nooned found it patronizing as it was more to get it all out of myself and make myself aware.

Life sure does push everyone to the limits
    Xx

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Maybe you should talk with a therapist.. They are very good at getting to the root of problems and teaching you how to manage them..Just a thought..I hope you feel better soon..

6. confusedgirl

Hi thanks for your kind words, I don't think im quite ready for all of that yet im still tryingvyo ake everythinback in but thanks it means alot x

7. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Kim, my lil kimmie it's you!!!!! :hug: So good to see you though I'm sorry you feel you have to come back to Sf but I wanna welcome you back with open arms. :console: So hope to catch up with you here soon.

:hug: Hazel xo

8. confusedgirl

Hi mum yup its me was hoping to find u here I missed u, just at work at the mo will be around bout ten ish x

9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf :)

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks for sharing your story with us :hug:

11. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Great to hear you're on the right path.

Welcome back. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.