A little goes a long way *my day's story*

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by ~PinkElephants~, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

This is just something that happened to me/something I did today that has made me feel so much better about myself and has made me feel so damn good.

In the U.S. there's this thing called Salvation Army(not sure if it goes to UK etc). Anyways, during Christmas time as all US'ers know they stand outside and ring their bells to collect money for the less fortunate children and families. I always gripe about how I get nailed at like every store but for some reason today it was different.

I went to my local grocery store just to grab a couple things and I walked past this guy bundled up in a huge winter jacket, covered head to toe b/c it was so cold outside. I live in RI and today it was 21F out, felt like 11F with winds up to 20 mph. So, yeah you could say it was a bit chilly. I decided not only to put money in the bucket but while I was in the store I went into the Starbucks that's built within and got the largest hot chocolate I could get and I brought it to the guy. I can't even explain how I felt when I saw the look of gratitude on this man's face.

I handed him the hot chocolate and he literally lit up and he's like thank you so much for this it means alot and I just looked at him smiled with like this stupid grin and was like anytime sweetheart. He was so happy for a 2.75 cup of hot chocolate and when I walked away I literally had teared up.

Just think what is 2.75 to people to help a man who stands out in the freezing cold to help others who are less fortunate. I walked away and I was just felt with such joy and elation....it made me feel absolutely wonderful inside.

*sigh* to feel like that always would be joyous
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:biggrin: Aww, Kellz! That's great. And yeah, I know all about the bells..I always feel bad when I walk by and don't have any money to put in them. :laugh:
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I went to the Sally Army Nursery when I was a baby and they were wonderful :biggrin: (sally army is the brit name for the salvation army).
    They are the ones who run most of the christmas meals for the homeless and are a grand organisation..so am really glad u gave that fella that chocolate Kells :smile: hope you keep that feeling of joy forever :hug:
  4. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Awwwwwwww. :biggrin::thumbup:
  5. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

:hug: What a lovely thing for you to do! It always warms the heart to do something nice for another person...
  6. ~PinkElephants~

Thanks for those that replied. I hope you 4 have a happy and safe holiday season and may you be blessed with joy and happiness. :hug: to you 4.
  7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Aww that's so sweet Kells... Sometimes just the littlest things show care and appreciation anymore in the cold cruel world. Thanks for being a good person and showing there's still caring people in this world! :hug:
  8. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Made me tear up a bit. :biggrin:

Now if everyone could do a small act like this, then we would be a step closer to peace.
  9. ~PinkElephants~

It still amazes me at what a small act of kindness can do. It just goes to show you how the world is though that it's so rare for something like that to happen. People are so taken aback when something nice is done for them..it's kind of sad.
  10. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Its a lovely thing you did :hug: simple gestures like that bring the faith back in people,
    It is sad that acts of charity like that are so rare, this self centred world we live in, stuff like that gets pushed to the side.