A little help please. . .

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Lady Byron, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

I just joined a gym cause I want to get healthy and just so that I can get out a little more but I have a little bit of a dilema. I don't know what I can do safely without putting too much of a strain on my muscles all at once. I've heard that you have to keep working your muscles on a daily basis so that they don't "forget" but then when my friend was talking to a trainer, she said that you can't do that or you can end up pulling a muscle and that you have to give your muscles a sort of break so that they can heal themselves. Also, she said that you have to do just cardio at least once or twice a week so I've been thinking about that as well. Does anyone have any advice? Cause I think I'm kinda lost on this stuff :unsure:.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I joined a club the instructors would always do warm up exercises with us to stretch the muscles I never did weights just cardio work outs and it helped. What ever you do start off slow tell instructors there you are newby and they will set up a routine for you take care and good luck with work out.
  3. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

thanks. I was supposed to talk to a trainer twice but the first time there was an emergency and she couldn't make it and the second time the intro was set up during a time that I worked. I know I need to start off at a slower pace and that warm ups are essential. Thanks for your input though, it's very much appreciated :smile: