A little intro...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by CherylSparkle, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CherylSparkle

CherylSparkle Member

Hello!

I tend to be bad at introductions and never know what to write so I apologise in advance if I babble a little!

My name is Cheryl, however I tend to be called Sparkle, due to my HUGE love of anything that glitters and I am 22- although my passion for Disney and My Little Pony sometimes make people mistake me for a 5 year old! I have been a student at college since I left school studying a range of subjects including Art, Photography and Social Sciences. What can I say, I haven't quite found the career I want yet and I won't give up until I do! I do use my previous qualifications though, working as a freelance photographer and on occasion artist!

Now the hard part- a little about why I am here...

Depression and anxiety is something I have struggled with for a few years now and I am being medicated for, however I am still waiting to be "tested" I guess, for some other underlying problem that we may not know about at the moment.
    One night I out of the blue decided I didn't want to be alive any more as I couldn't handle the pain I was feeling and did attempt suicide- it was very sudden and was something I had never ever thought of doing before then! I thankfully survived but now can't seem to lose the thoughts of suicide.

Hence why I joined this forum! I'm hoping to have a place I can escape to when I need help, surrounding myself with people who understand and are or have been through the same thing!

I look forward to being a part of this forum and hearing from all the lovely members!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Cherylsparkle (such a cute name),

Welcome to the forum or as we call it SF. It is really nice to ''meet'' you even if under these circumstances. Is the medication helping at all? What kind of tests are they doing on you, do you know?

You sound like such an art-y and fun person to be around. I am really glad you survived your attempt because I am living proof that it can get better. I wish you all the best, i'm glad you found us here :D

2 people like this.
  3. CherylSparkle

CherylSparkle Member

The medication I was on at first was helping, to the point I was able to slowly come off it! However I took a complete relapse and was put back on the same medication, it didn't work the second time- in fact it had the complete opposite effect! But I have recently started a new medication, it's just too soon to tell whether or not it's working!
    I'm not entirely sure what they are wanting to test at the moment, I do have a hospital appointment next week to go in and find out more though! I think they are just taking precautions due to something that happened during my attempt- which I will go into more detail on in the future!:)

And thank you, I'm glad I found SF!

4. Damaged_Goods

Damaged_Goods Well-Known Member

Hi Cherylsparkle! Welcome to SF. I'm new here today too, and already the other members have all been very kind and welcoming, so I am thinking that we've come to the right place. :)

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It was nice to see you in the chatroom, I hope you settle in quick!
    Yes, some medications can have 2 different effects on the same person, take steroids for instance, I take them sometimes for physical reasons and its like a lottery with them. With psych medications, some can take up to 6- 8 weeks to work so you gotta be patient. Best of luck to you.

6. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hello Cheryl, it's good to have you here at SF. I'm also a college student whose struggling with intense suicidal thoughts and feelings. Its good to here you at least have a lot of optimism, sometimes that's all I have, but usually it's been enough to make it though the real bad portions. Anyways all of us here know what it's like to have seemingly unbearable pain so please feel free to post anywhere if you need help, or pm me if you need someone to talk to personally, I'm logged on here most of the day:)

7. CherylSparkle

CherylSparkle Member

Hello! Welcome to SF yourself! And I agree, we have come to the right place! Everyone is so lovely!

8. CherylSparkle

CherylSparkle Member

Hello! My Optimism is something I am determined not to lose as it is what gets me through a lot! And thank you, i'll definitely take you up on that offer if it's needed! :)

9. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Please do take me up on it. There's a section of this site called "my story" which is a great place to really lay out your problems so everyone can know what your struggling with, assuming that's what you want if course.

10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Cheryl, welcome to the forum!

11. CherylSparkle

CherylSparkle Member

Thank you! I look forward to being a part of it!

12. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hey Cheryl, welcome to the forum. And may you never lose your love of things that sparkle or my little pony. I am 63 and love teddy bears. I sleep with the one I use as my avatar every night. I talk to them and they bring me great comfort. If people think I am crazy, so be it.

I am sorry to hear of your suicide attempt. You are right. They hospital may want to check and make sure that no damage was done. That sometimes happens. And all the advice you have received about meds is most excellent. They do take time. And it may take a while to find one that works well for you. And there could be some underlying physical cause that tripped your depression. But you are among friends here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.