a little trip

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by dazzle11215, Jul 17, 2008.

1. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

so, i took a little trip the pharmacy today and handed over my stash of pills, my "just in case" pills, my "way out if i need 'em" pills. just stuffed 'em all in a bag and said to the pharmacist "i was cleaning out the medicine cabinet and i don't need these anymore, can you dispose of them?"

it took alot of hard work to get to this point and a big part of that work happened here on this site.

i wouldn't say i'm 100% better, but i think this is an important milestone and i wanted to celebrate it with you.

six months ago i was recovering from a suicide attempt and was in the final stages of planning for my next attempt. i thought i was alone, a loser, and plagued with self-hatred. i thought i was doing the world a favour by leaving. i have never been so glad to be so wrong. in fact, my new mantra is "could i be wrong about this..." and it works well for me.

thank you all for being such an important part of my recovery.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That is wonderful!
    I am so happy for you
    :hug:
    :smile:

3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Yay, well done you! :cheer::massbounc:cheer: That was a very brave step. Good for you.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done catherine:smile: Im so proud of you :hug: Your strength and courage and recovery gives us hope :arms:

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

You should be very proud of yourself, I know we all are. Congratulations, Hun!!!!!!!!! :dance: :hug:

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

thanks guys!

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That is such wonderful news cath. What an amazing show of courage. I am so proud of you. I hope you are able to continue on this path. The time is coming when suicide no longer enters your mind. That will be a day for us all to rejoice. For now-let's have a celebratory party. :party: