a little trip

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by dazzle11215, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

so, i took a little trip the pharmacy today and handed over my stash of pills, my "just in case" pills, my "way out if i need 'em" pills. just stuffed 'em all in a bag and said to the pharmacist "i was cleaning out the medicine cabinet and i don't need these anymore, can you dispose of them?"

it took alot of hard work to get to this point and a big part of that work happened here on this site.

i wouldn't say i'm 100% better, but i think this is an important milestone and i wanted to celebrate it with you.

six months ago i was recovering from a suicide attempt and was in the final stages of planning for my next attempt. i thought i was alone, a loser, and plagued with self-hatred. i thought i was doing the world a favour by leaving. i have never been so glad to be so wrong. in fact, my new mantra is "could i be wrong about this..." and it works well for me.

thank you all for being such an important part of my recovery.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is wonderful!
    I am so happy for you
    :hug:
    :smile:

3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Yay, well done you! :cheer::massbounc:cheer: That was a very brave step. Good for you.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Well done catherine:smile: Im so proud of you :hug: Your strength and courage and recovery gives us hope :arms:

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

You should be very proud of yourself, I know we all are. Congratulations, Hun!!!!!!!!! :dance: :hug:

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

thanks guys!

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That is such wonderful news cath. What an amazing show of courage. I am so proud of you. I hope you are able to continue on this path. The time is coming when suicide no longer enters your mind. That will be a day for us all to rejoice. For now-let's have a celebratory party. :party:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.