A Little Unsure..

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by iwadrama, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwadrama

iwadrama Active Member

I'm not quite sure why but I am hoping this will help. Usually, talking about my problems don't help. As a child, I learned to repress and self-soothe myself but now those ways are over. Whenever I try to talk to someone about my problems it doesn't really help either.

I am pretty much stuck in my own little self-pity circle and I have no way of getting out. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore and talking seems to be of no help to me.

I'm completely lost.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

There are so many of us who understand how you feel...i was always looking for some way to cut through what was going on...some way to find the way up again...and it seemed that talking made me remember how badly I felt...that is not true for me today as the support I get from my friends really does change how I feel...hope you find some wise support as well...big hugs, J

3. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I'm sorry you're feeling so lost and hopeless about things. I hear that you used to be able to self soothe but that this is no longer possible for you or it no longer helps - can i ask what changed to make this no longer an option?

Sounds like you feel trapped in this circle and even talking to people doesn't help. Does it help writing here or does it help to know that people relate to what you're going through?

Keep talking if it helps.. we're listening x

4. iwadrama

iwadrama Active Member

Well I just started college so I'm in a new place and all the things that I used to do to soothe myself are not here, they were kinda in my old life back home, if that makes any sense. I haven't made many friends yet, but I am trying very hard, I'm just not connecting with anyone and being with friends was something that always made me feel better.

I just recently joined the board so I don't know if this will help or not but I am going to find out soon, haha. I personally think it hinders me to see people going through the same thing just because I know the pain that they are feeling and I don't like when other people are in pain.

I don't know..that probably didn't even make sense..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.