A little update..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESTurtles

To those who remember me, here a little update. A few months ago I was in a position where I had nothing to loose, and nothing to gain, I did what I thought was right. After what happened, I'm not sure what drove me to actually seek help, or how I made it to the hospital without a scratch. I OD'd, after taking what I took so much of, I felt everything, slowly and then speed up, then got slower, and got real slow, I remember throwing up a few times, I remember almost everything to be honest..

I was baker acted for about a week or so, horrible, the hospital I live near is really the worst one in the state, nothing mattered to them, only money, and using the patients time for money. Anyway, I got out and thought I would have a fresh start, I ended up moving to MS with my girlfriend, half of why I did what I did. I'm not going to go into detail, but I ended up moving back to my trailer, (you know theres something wrong when you no longer think of your previous home no longer is seen as a home, but a place to sleep, shower, and sometimes eat). Anyway, the doctors suck, gave me meds that are no longer working, gave me a different dose, different med completely, expected it to work fine, not to mention they only gave me enough for one month, I wasnt able to even refill my prescription, that says alot..

Any way, I'm starting to fall back into being my old self, alone, thinking the same way, no sleep (I think after OD'ing, the sleep meds no longer are working for me, because they havent helped me go to sleep at all)..

Well, I would say its good to be back, but its not, I tried to block the url, email, everything from reminding me about this site, but for awhile, Ive been thinking alot about alot.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
It is good though you are talking here reaching out for some support If the meds were not working have you thought about getting some therapy A good psychologist will help you with those thoughts of depression with sleep i have heard if taken correctly melatonin works ask your pharmacist about it ok It is a substance our body produces natually but under stress it is diminished some

Call you doctor back and tell him you need a new prescribtion of medication either get him to up dose or get an add on to your meds I am sorry you are still having those thoughts but remember they are just thoughts ok you do not need to act on them just recognise it as a thought then let it go

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Its frustrating to deal with doctors and medications. My old doctor prescribed only two weeks worth at a time before.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there,

I remember you, I really am glad you survived to tell the tale, OD'ing is not the way to go! Any attempt isn't. Is your doctor helping you emotionally, are you seeing a therapist? I am unsure of what you mean by they won't give you more than a month of meds at a time? While I've heard of it here it certainly is not the norm, it's usually weekly and when I was suicidal I literally had to collect my meds from the pharmacy daily. I was mad at them for that for a short while then obviously realizing it was in my best interests.

RESTurtles

Ugh! I typed out three full paragraphs, and hit "Reply to thread" instead of "Post quick reply"....

I dont consider that guy to be my doctor, he isnt anything I would and will ever look up to for any kind of help, not even to open a bottle. Tried to get my meds filled after a month, didnt happen. He said there wouldnt be a problem, he said I wouldnt need his number, just to call the hospitals mental side if there was any problem, that alone tells me everything I need to know about him. My case worker there was a little more help than him, I think I still have her number, even though, she wasnt that great either, she claimed to have things in order, made the phone calls she said she made (she hadnt till the last minute).

Just thinking about it is getting me annoyed, spending all that time typing only to miss click didnt help either.

Thanks for the reply.

turryburry

Keep after them to get your meds. Mine took 6 weeks to work and if the doctors would have told us that from the beginning I could've avoided one of my involuntary admissions altogether.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi again Turtles,

You are very welcome. I'm really sorry that the doctor is not helping, I'd go down the line of the case worker helping you if she seems more capable. Do what you need to do to get more help no matter how difficult it is because you deserve it, good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00