A Lot Of Activity On This Forum Lately

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey guys,

I have just about made it all the way back to sanity and it saddens me deeply to see the main forum here, filling up daily with people in such deep despair.

Even our Admin is suffering today.

Guys I wish I could say one magical word that would make it better for everyone, but I am convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that people who want to kill themselves are suffering from a mental illness of some kind. You can't be sane (im my humble opinion) and want to die. The instinct to live is too overpowering for a sane mind.

And so it is that we find ourselves in this terrible mental dispair. Not knowing what to do, except for the obvious, not wanting to live, maybe not wanting to die, but definately wanting the pain to end.

I am a full believer in better living thru chemicals. Now I know that a lot of you have either been on or are currently on meds to help get your mind straight.

These meds are powerful stuff and sometimes they require an adjustment.

Perhaps you have never taken meds before or sought out help.

Help is there, just waiting for you, if you will only let help in!!!!!

How to get help?

Well it all depends on what level of severity your illness has progressed.

Maybe it's enough to talk to a minister or rabbi.
    However if you are actively suicidal then you need IMMEDIATE HELP!!!!

Here's how to get that help;

Go to the local hospital er, or...if you can't make it down there, call 911. IN EITHER CASE, YOU NEED TO TELL THEM YOU ARE ACUTELY SUICIDAL. You need to use the word ACUTELY. That will let them know you are serious.

Screw it. Dont have health insurance, screw it. Worried about the cost of the ride in the ambulance, screw it.
    Don't want to spend a week in the pysch ward? SCREW IT. Already been to treatment or the Psych ward? SCREW IT, Go back, again and again and again...as many times as it takes!

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT YOUR LIFE HERE. And not just your life, but the lives of all of those you will damage if you die. Your friends, your family, your coworkers.

Damn it people, there is help out there, grab it, take it, run with it.

And please, remember :love: all of you!
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Great thread, thank you for posting this. :) I'm sure it will help some people.
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

That was awesome! How do we get it "stickied"?

I am speechless....says it all.:yeah:
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Beautiful post :rose: :heart:
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thank you everyone. And if I ever get back to that point where I want to end it all, I want all of you to remind me of those words.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

of course :wub:
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Thanks for the thread, Bill, it's great!!!!
  8. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Great thread!
  9. waterfall

waterfall Active Member

Mood booster!
    thank you for posting it!!
  10. bluedays

bluedays Well-Known Member

Thank you. I know that will help a lot of people. I would check myself in or get some major help, but am caring for my mom 24/7 and can't even leave to go to my own dr appts. I don't see any way out.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Awesome thread! :arms:
  12. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Here's the thing I can't figure out. I am at a place mentally stable enough to even have the thought to write this thread.

I dunno, but I think I am lightyears ahead of where I was 6 months ago.
  13. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey fps,

I agree. Great thread! With all the stories of heartache and suffering, its nice to hear someone actually getting better! It's unbelievable how quickly things can turn around. A year ago I almost went through with it, seeing no way out, and now a year later, all those problems seem like nothing. I'm almost embarrassed now about getting depressed over the problems I had. They seem so small now, especially when I see what other people have to contend with.

Maybe in a few months or a year, I'll be back where I was last year, but I'm determined to change my lifestyle so that that won't happen. I have to use this time to build myself up, so that when the depression hits, I don't crumble like i did the previous times.

Anyway, just wanted to say great thread, and hope you only get better in the time to come!

14. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Glad for you
  15. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks guys!!!!!
  16. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Wow, thank you Bill.
    I was actually sat here sinking deeper and deeper and I feel like I just snapped back a little.
  17. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am glad it could help.

Remember....if FOR NOBODY ELSE, you are worthy of you!!!! Fuck whatever problems you are having. Screw the depression.

It's time to start living for us. It's time to stand up and feel better.

Anyone who reads this, hear me! Don't let that bastard, death, win!!!!
  18. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Thought everyone could use a reread of FPS post
  19. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is always a way to get help always Your mom you can get someone in community to come in to watch for a few days. It is impt to take a break from care giving or you will burn out and will be no good to anyone. There is help out there just phone hospital and social workers there will get you the help you need with support for your family members and for you Yes feelings of suicide we live with but it doesn't have to take us away we have to reach out and demand help like stated already There are good people out there that care really just phone.
  20. __Rawr.Tigga

__Rawr.Tigga Well-Known Member

Bill, you just made a small flutter of hope hit my heart. Thankyou.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.