A Lot Of Activity On This Forum Lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I feel that my love here is for everyone because we're all going through the same shit so even though I may not personally know every member, I share something with them that not everyone shares. Just the fact that someone is enough to deserve my love.

G

Godsdrummer

I feel that my love here is for everyone because we're all going through the same shit so even though I may not personally know every member, I share something with them that not everyone shares. Just the fact that someone is enough to deserve my love.
Agreed. That is why I put there in the first place.

My love I feel is for all of humanity. We are all brothers and sisters in this world. We all share the same home, do we not?

SweetVitriol

Antiquitie's Friend
My love I feel is for all of humanity. We are all brothers and sisters in this world. We all share the same home, do we not?
I have to disagree...After seeing the misery that humanity passes on to one another, I think we are a poor excuse for a species..Would you treat your brother or sister the way that others treat the population? Murder..Rape..Genocide..Apathy?

This is my only sanctuary..Outside of here all I see is greed, hate and anger..It makes me wish that I could burn this whole world down

Scully

I have to disagree...After seeing the misery that humanity passes on to one another, I think we are a poor excuse for a species..Would you treat your brother or sister the way that others treat the population? Murder..Rape..Genocide..Apathy?

This is my only sanctuary..Outside of here all I see is greed, hate and anger..It makes me wish that I could burn this whole world down
I agree on everything, but the burning and destroying part. I don't say we can fight fire with roses, but you rot yourself by being mean. It's not worth it. Some people are good. Here, to stat, but outside also, the thing is, the hsow-offs, it's not often the better. You got to dig it. Good day.

SweetVitriol

Antiquitie's Friend
I agree on everything, but the burning and destroying part. I don't say we can fight fire with roses, but you rot yourself by being mean. It's not worth it. Some people are good. Here, to stat, but outside also, the thing is, the hsow-offs, it's not often the better. You got to dig it. Good day.
I'll tell you what Mission..You go ahead and dig it...me, I do not intend to be the doormat to a society I loathe..
I have spent my whole life trying to make things better and all it has got me is a decent paranoia and a rage that threatens to consume me..Screw this world, screw the leaders and screw the system..

Haven't you wondered why so many people resort to finding solence here? It's because they are victims of this society too..If everyone cared as much as some on this site do, we would be fine..But instead they strive to make money by climbing over the bodies of others, to gain status at the cost of others and I for one will not sit idly by...

SweetVitriol

Antiquitie's Friend
If you truly want an answer to that then seek out the thread..
There seems no point in repeating myself ad nauseum..

I know I sound bitter and twisted but I wasn't always this way..I tried and tried to make sense of this world but after beating upon beating I have had enough..I make a difference every day through my work but beyond that I have given up on this society..It doesn't even warrant a epitaph.

One thing my counsellor taught me was that I'm only as much of a victim as I allow myself to be...It's not saying "NO! You're not a victim!" but, its saying, don't allow yourself to remain a victim. Yeah what happened was probably horrible and probably still is, but don't allow it to victimize you.

Society can suck, but there are parts of it that are great. But if you keep allowing the bad things to keep you a victim you'll have trouble finding the good. It obviously takes time to allow yourself to not be a victim, but in time it can happen.

I promise I'm not trying to offend anyone or down play their situation...

Scully

Leave it alone, they're right; Each one has the right to choose as negative thy want to be. I guess we're all like that at some point? Some days? It's also right, it was only our opinions... I'll stay away from aggressivity and too much negativity. My door is open to anyone who wants to try to do better. :tongue:

That was a really great post and I'm not just saying that to be nice, after reading that I'm honestly considering taking that step and calling my psychiatrist to get on some meds. It's very refreshing to read something I can relate to as most of the writing I read tends to be from people on the other side looking in. This type of post is the reason this place is so great! Thank you!

*handshake*

That's a great post, but I don't agree you can't be sane and suicidal at the same time. Depends how much abuse you've suffered and whether you have a future or not.

I believe in medication too. You're a great person Bill ^__^ . :hugtackles:

People become suicidal when their level of pain overcomes their coping mechanisms to deal with that pain. It's not always about psychosis or depression. The first thing to do is try and remove or reduce the pain factor without harming yourself through trying to fix the source of the pain/torture by healing your life, or improve your coping mechanisms through reachout or recovery.

BTW try not to make a question mark sentence guys, some people will be hurt or scared by it. ^__^ No offence intended at all, can't find that hug tackle smiley sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortal Moon

What is sanity? What is illness? Suicide, to me, seems a perfectly reasonable and obvious reaction to a life not worth living. You can go on and on about the supposed instinctual "will to live", but (a) I doubt it's as strong or fundamental as you think it is and (b) since when is it insane to overcome one's base instincts with the power of rational thought?

Tobes

The thing is is that being suicidal doesn't come from rational thought, it comes from desperate and irrational thought. You can't tell me that planning to kill yourself, despite the knowledge of the pain suffering it will cause others, is rational. Maybe if you have never been an empathic person and never cared how other's feel, but even then suicidal ideation is not a rational thought process in my opinion, because it's thinking that things will get better when all that will happen is that you will cease to live and cease to have any feelings.

Even thinking that life isn't worth living is irrational, because the rest of your life you've thought that it was. Probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortal Moon

Tobes said:
You can't tell me that planning to kill yourself, despite the knowledge of the pain suffering it will cause others, is rational.
I certainly can, and I will. You might argue that it's selfish or malicious (which I would also dispute), but this objection to the morality of suicide has nothing at all to do with the rationality of it.

Tobes said:
Maybe if you have never been an empathic person and never cared how other's feel
It is not my responsibility (nor anyone else's) to continue living so that other people don't feel bad. And I could just as easily turn it around and say that they have no empathy for my suffering.

Tobes said:
it's thinking that things will get better when all that will happen is that you will cease to live and cease to have any feelings.
The way I see it, the eternal cessation of my consciousness is preferable to a life of unending pain and fear, followed by the same death that I had been avoiding in the first place. In other words, my goal is to minimize my own suffering. This seems to me a perfectly reasonable thing to aim for. A successful suicide results in zero suffering forever afterward, and is therefore a rational approach to this particular goal.

Tobes said:
Even thinking that life isn't worth living is irrational, because the rest of your life you've thought that it was.
So if I used to believe something, and then I changed my mind, I'm being irrational? That makes no sense. Changing your mind in light of new evidence and experience is the very core of rationality.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I love this thread. I know I already said that.

I often come under the belief that I have come here too many times for support, and it is exhausted. Not true! And not true for anyone else!

No matter how many times you fall into the darkness, we are here for you! This forum's support and love is unending. Before you cut, before you use drugs, before you think of committing that final act... come back for our support! We are here for you every time! Depression can be with you for a lifetime, and I know there are some members that come for temporary support and then leave, or stay to stick around and help. But there will never be a time where you will not receive support and love here.

I just thought I would say that in case there was anyone else out there who feels like I do. I feel like I've asked for help too many times. But that is not possible with this forum. I have seen so much love... I don't think it can ever be exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00