A lot of emotional pain to deal with

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

At 31 I think it's safe to say I don't have a good future waiting for me no matter what. I feel like a scapegoat in my family, I can't get over painful moments in m life, I numb pain with alcohol because id rather deal with the physical pains than the emotional pains i feel basically everyday. I really don't want to go into the upcomiong new year.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

This sounds a lot like what I've been dealing with, and I know how hard it can be. Maybe it sounds futile to try and convince you when you already have your mind made up, but I hope you don't do it. I hope the next year will be better for you, or at least not as hectic as it is now.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I so understand what you mean that you would rather deal with the physical pains than the emotional pains. I hope you will not give on hope for the future. I know it looks bleak for sure. But maybe, just maybe the future will have healing in it. Healing that can make things better. I hope this for myself too. I do not want to see you leave. I am so sorry the pain is this bad. Really sorry

4. sadhart

Thank you, I want to believe this. I hope things are good for you next year.

5. sadhart

It's funny, but the only time my family sees me as an adult is when they hold over my head what I haven't done in my life. Apparently every person my age did everything right and were perfect. I get so tired of being told if I don't like how I am seen or frustrated about something in this family then I should leave....nevermind I have no means to do so. What's stupid when my "perfect" relatives say this, they fail to realize that there is more than one way to "just leave"

Anyway thank you for saying that you don't want to see me leave....that actually sounds better for once.

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I know you're hurting, and the things your family says is only hurting you more. But I don't want to see you leave either; I hope you can find the strength to hold on. Just know there are people here who care.

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so sorry your "family" talks to you that way. At a point in my life I stopped refering to and calling my mother and brothers by the word "family". I used the word "relatives". So I could get straight in my own mind the difference between family and relatives. To my thinking family "has each other's back". Family cares with action and word. While it felt like relatives thought it would be acceptable when they want to "stab some others in the back" with words etc. I had relatives at that time. But not family.

Telling someone with no means to do so that they can leave if they do not like it is very counterproductive and uncaring. I am sorry. You have us. You belong here. Even when you do not like things here. You belong to this community :hug: You belong to this family.

8. sadhart

I don't mean to villify my family and make my self out as some innocent victim....the hard part about opening up about my problems with family or someone else is that I don't want to be one sided or unfair to them no matter how I feel about them if that makes sense. But it pisses me off when I can not only acknowledge my faults but try to improve. Some people in my family are so set in their ways, making stupid excuses to justify those set ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.