A lot of goodbye/suicide threads popping up at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the time of year? I'm not sure but I have read eight today already. It's alarming. I've only been on this forum since March 2009 and it's now November, so I've seen goodbye threads often, but not nearly as many as I have seen in the last couple of days alone.

What is going on?

I heard that around November and May(i think one of those months around there anyway) are the times when hospital psych wards get full because it's often when people's mood changes or something like that.....

(dont hold me to this i'll have to double check on this... but this is what i remember hearing from a few different articles/people)

Tobes

Nah, spring is the time with the highest suicide rates, apparently all the bright colours overwhelm the suicidal person.

NoGood

Yea I noticed this too. And I also thought that next month will be bad with the holidays but maybe people are worried about next month so are suicidal this month just thinking about it ya know what i mean.

AlexDanish

Account Closed
Maybe it's SAD... Seasonal Affective Disorder. It gets me alot around November as well.

But I read that during the winter holidays, the suicide rates don't increase as much as they do in April. I heard that time is the worst. A great writer once said "Suicide happens when expectations are not met". Which is true in alot of cases, which might explain the April thing. We come out of Christmas somewhat elated, and then the new year. And soon enough, everything comes crashing down, and we're let down... etc.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents. But yeah, at the moment it's weird. But it's not out of the oridinary. It might just be the internet traffic. I don't know. :S

Nah, spring is the time with the highest suicide rates, apparently all the bright colours overwhelm the suicidal person.
Maybe it's march not may then...... hmmm

wait just realized your in Aus so the seasons are opposite.... well actually i geuss when its our spring its your fall/winter so it still works out since thats when the seasons change...

Kris.T

Might have something to do with the holidays coming up. I know I generally start feeling that way around this time of year, usually early December. :sad:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
December is bad for me.. Thats when I had my nervous breakdown and lost everything I worked so hard to have..I spent years alone for the holidays.. For the last two I have wrapped myself up with family.. It helps some but I still find myself sitting away from the crowd and being by myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00