A love lost

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by ProperlyLast, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProperlyLast

ProperlyLast Active Member

Here is the first time I admitted in poetic form that I was in love with someone. I sent this to her as an apology, but it became a tidal wave.

I think you are wonderful. I love you. I just got scared. You seem to be trying to destroy yourself, I am destroying myself, and it isn't fun. Shine please! My light. My eyes have not seen such glory. I am not worthy of your scorn, for scorn implies value, and to you I am only a parasite. For you to continue to glow, I would glady detach myself. Darkness has held me for so long. Maybe I wanted a chance. Shine! Though it is dark and cold the thought of you could warm me all night. What should I say when I see the sun hurtle itself into a black hole? My life, a gift. To be given, to be taken. Should my life be worth anything I would glady fight to preserve it. I say please, to tell you it hurts. That I could not dseire more nor plan further than to bask in you. Exaltation is the only word. You are my religion, and I have surely sinned to inccur such pain. I cannot say I am sorry, for my sorrow is my only gift. So I say, Shine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.