a massive dilemna

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by elmoswatloski, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmoswatloski

elmoswatloski New Member

this is my first post here.

over the next few days I face a huge choice. I am diabetic. I also over the last several years have been miserable and haven't looked after my diabetes. I have assumed I was going to kill myself at some point and havent been to a doctor in several years (I have become a master at getting a prescription out of my medical centre without actually going in) It has come to the point where I am sure I am seriously ill, and will not get another prescription of insulin without seeing a doctor but I cannot face going to the doctor as this will cause a huge upheaval in my life (At the moment I can just about function but I am pretty certain that I have reduced liver/kidney function and going by recorded progression of diabetes, probably going to lose my vision and higher chance of losing a leg sooner rather than later as well as becoming impotent). Basically I will be dead within the next 2 weeks or I go to the doctors and get help. I realise I'm not putting this into words very well but right now although I realise I have so much to live for (I have a brilliant and supportive family), just ending it all now seems like a much better option (I have fucked up my health, career and all but lost all my friends, I am basically a recluse and working a minimum wage job with not much chance of progression). What the fuck do I do?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOU go and get HELP NOW okay the damage you talk about can be undone perhaps if you go in now and get your insulins regulated You do not want to loose your limbs or your life hun You just need to get up and go and get to your doctor and get things turned around Diabetes is not a life threatening disease anymore you can regulate it with insulins with new medication You can live and feel so much better with help Your family will want you to stay here hun with them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.