A member has asked me to post this on their behalf (STD's)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Petal, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi everyone,

''A member has asked me to post this on their behalf'' This member is embarrassed-so I am posting on their behalf.

A member has asked me to post this on her behalf. She got an STD when she 14 years old, the HPV virus which during she developed a LOT of genital warts and of course being 14 she felt a lot of shame, only her mum knows and took her to the clinic, the clinic froze the warts and said they may have to be done again but they didn't. It worked. She also had bacterial vaginosis and was treated for that. She felt great shame (her mother told her that if her sister found out, the sister would never speak to her again). She felt a lot of shame. Oh and just FYI the sister found out a long time later and of course spoke to her again,they have a good relationship :)

She would like to ask.... has anyone here had an STD and which one? (Of course it's up to you if you want to share).
    She would like to ask.... did anyone feel the same shame of having an STD? And still now, do you feel the shame?
    What were your experiences with this in general, feel free to post as much information as you are comfortable with?
    Also any parents here who have had a teen etc. with an STD? What was it like for you?
    Another thing should you tell your future sexual partner that you have an STD, would you be afraid of what he/she would think...especially if you wanted to have kids in the future?

Thank you in advance. :)
  2. FMyLife

FMyLife Chat Buddy

Re: A member has asked me to post this on their behalf

I haven't actually had an STD but I have had to go through the screenings due to a disloyal ex. Yes, it feel's shameful, and yes its embarrassing but hey, we all make mistakes, and there is no shame in that. I'm sorry this person got a raw deal and has to deal with the HPV virus the rest of her life, but it doesn't have to make them. Hope this person is okay.
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

Re: A member has asked me to post this on their behalf

for me I only got tested for some, because when I went for the pap smear, the nurse hurt me and since then I can't let any doctor examine down there. I panic and tense up so the doctor can't do it because she'll hurt me. :( so I could have HVP or something else that wasn't in the test. I try every year for the pap smear and I can't. But I haven't been sexual in a long time so...

my close friend has the HVP, she got it at 16 from her first boyfriend so she has to be checked every 6 months I think for cancer. She's not 31 and she has 4 kids.