A message for new members

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Petal, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

To all new members-I would just like to say hello and welcome to the forums. We are a peer to peer support forum, we're here to listen, share experiences, care and help in what ways possible. There are many forums here, suicide forum- if you are suffering from suicidal thoughts. Crisis forum-post there if you are in a crisis. After effects forum-if you want to talk about a recent or past suicide attempt and discuss how you feel about it. Although, you cannot discuss what the suicide method was or discuss methods in any way. There are also other forums such as general disorders forum, substance abuse, eating disorders, self harm and there is the coffee house which is for light hearted discussions.However if you are in imminent danger you should go to ER or in the UK and Ireland A & E. I hope I have explained things well and if you want to talk to me you can go to my profile and send me a private message, I am a moderator of chat and the forum. My name is Lynn and I am 23 and have a lot of experience with suicidal thoughts, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, personality disorders, suicide attempts, counselling and experience helping those with suicidal thoughts as I have been on this site for 5 years.

I hope this post has helped you, and made you feel less alone and more comfortable here, this site really is a great place if you are feeling distressed, down and in need of support.

Much love, Lynn.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
  2. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Just wanted to say i thought this was a very nice welcome/intro, post for those new to SF :)

Friendly and useful. Great idea Lynn, ((gentle hugs)) for you.
  3. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

This is such a nice welcome for the newbies, Lynn :hug: I reckon it should be stickied :hug:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you both :) And I noticed it has a lot of views too :eek:hmy: Well, even if it helped just 1 person then I am satisfied with that. :)
  5. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

its been lovely to have been welcomed back to the site like i have. its nice for newbies to have a friendly post like that to make them feel a little more comfortable being here :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.