A message from God?!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shefallsasleep, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

Right, this is guna sounds realy strange and it is very wierd for me too. I don't really believe in God, although my Mum and my Sister are both practicing Christians, I'd say I'm agnostic he could exist but I haven't had a eurika moment yet...
    anyway
    The past few days Ive been feeling really down, suicide thoughts came back really strong over the weekend and I was sure I'd made up my mind to end my life.
    Today I was going for a wee in a public toilet and I went to get toilet roll and on the dispenser someone had written "reach out and everything will be okay ♥"

Its like someone new exactley how I was feeling and left me a message.
    Obviously some people will think this is ridiculous, I wouldve thought that a couple of months ago but now it just seems too strange to be a coincidence.
    Anyone else had something like this happen to them?!
    xx

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yep.

This past weekend, I was feeling down while out delivering pizza's. When I arrived at the 2nd customer's home, he was joking about his wife, and I had been feeling down about my own wife. It perked me right up.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've had all kinds of things happen. When I'm outside and down, God will have a bird start singing strongly to get my attention. When I recognize it, I relax and just listen. It's God's way of comforting me.

When I'm inside, He will start my favorite hymn going through my mind. If I sing it out loud, I start drawing more oxygen into me which is helpful when stressed. This comforts me too.

When things get real bad, all I need remember is that I'm a child of God. I ask him to teach me what I can do for myself and to please do for me what I cannot do for myself. He is my life's manager and I do the footwork.

4. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I kinda believe in God, although like you I haven't had a "eureka" moment yet I guess....but that does sound weird, so maybe He was sending you a message? Sometimes I want that sort of thing to happen to me....I ask God for a sign but...nothing :( or maybe He does, but I just don't realize it? But that's great! Hope this at least gives you a little bit of hope! :)

5. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I have had way more specific, extraordinary things happen to me. However, the "messages" were all just lies. If they've done anything for me then they've just made my life worse, since I actually took the signs seriously. The signs really were extraordinary, though.... but in the end, they meant absolutely nothing.

I can tell you one thing: I am never praying again. If anything, my prayers were listened to by demons. I'm very sceptical about their existence, as their existence would make little sense to me, but maybe they do exist... maybe they are powerful, evil ghosts, in that case.

I actually believe in an impersonal form of god but I have never believed in one that has any power to affect one's fate. In other words, I never had any idea where I directed those silly prayers....

6. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

No God controls my life, only I control my own destiny and where I go. I'll find a message somewhere and figure my fate drawn me to it or something...and rather having a Eureka moment, it turns out to be a "Oh shit I'm fucked" moment.

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I remember when I was in my late teens I was in foster care and the home I was in was abusive. I had left but social services wanted me to go back. I remember I went into the bathroom and prayed to God to help me. Next thing I know a friend of mine found someone to take me in. That was the greatest magic moment I ever got...

I absolutely believe in God but I don't believe in churches...life is interesting that way...it's all in the beholder's eye...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.