A message of support..

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by jessikah2k8, Apr 23, 2008.

1. jessikah2k8

jessikah2k8 Well-Known Member

There was a time in my life when I was cheated of everything. I was going out with lads who used me, being bitched about by my closest friends, them friends caused me to have fights, hacked my accounts and genuienly made my life hell. I've went through nearly 4 years of extreme bullying in my school, surviving 7 suicide attempts after my boyfriend dumped me and it got really bad within his group. I couldn't talk to anybody, I felt trapped, I felt lost.. I felt I couldn't trust anybody.

I was in this world for 3 years, by myself. I kept it to myself. I was taking prescribtion tablets every night with a bottle of vodka. I was crying myself to sleep. I was down to the point where I was lying on the floor of my bathroom unconscious with tablets for epilepsy. 7 times in 3 months. And nobody sympathised.

However, the point in this message is..

I finally had the courage to speak out after I burst out crying at school. An unlikely source I went to was my form teacher. He listened to me, gave me support and sorted out the bullying this year and it's stopped completely. He gave me strength and confidence to fight back. I realised nobody was worth crying over- NOBODY. Nobody is worth your tears unless it's in a good way. Nobody should be able to bring you down.

Since December I have passed my Science GCSE module exams, went to school every morning with a smile on my face, was able to feel safe at school, formed a friendship with my teacher and now I can tell him anything, have confidence to speak out, became a member of the school council after getting elected in, became a prefect and I am on my way to an Honours in my History examinations from the History department. My name is on the Shield in the History department of Excellence. I was the first girl to ever get my name on the Shield. I am on my way to being head girl and passing all of my examinations.

I hope that all you going through hard times will look at my story and realise there is a way out. I'm not the smartest girl in the world. I got there by hard work and dedication and an extra little push by my form teacher. He gave me the confidence to lift up my chin and revise and revise and push and push and never give up for what I want. Now, people have been coming up to me from the local council asking me for help on their own problems. I enjoy having my "School Councillor" and "Prefect" badge on my blazer.. and hopefully an "Honours" pretty soon.

I thought my life was never going to get back on track. I thought I was always going to feel sucky. I wanted to die everyday, from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep, with tears staining my face and mascara all over my pillow, sickness in the pit of my stomach in fear of the next day. I was failing my exams, taking no interest in anything, walking around like a lost sheep.. coming into school hungover, smoking constantly and bunking off in the toilets from lessons because of fear of classes. I would stand up and take panic attacks in class when I had to read out and now- not so recently I have been made public speaker of the Student Council and am talking on behalf of the whole school to the Board of Governors. And I'm 15.

Just a few months ago, my life was completely worthless. I was such a mess, a disgrace as it seemed.. but after I came out and told somebody, I have gained so much.. including a new friendship. I am keeping in touch with my teacher when I leave. We can joke and talk about anything.

I hope, that some of you will look at this story, and not think I'm some inspiration or whatever, because I'm not.. I just want you to look at this, and try your very best to see the best in everything. You only have one life.. why end it when you haven't lived it to the full?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Wow that was very inspiring. I'm so glad you got through that. I'm glad you foudn someone to speak out to.