A mistake to join (for me)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by bpat3, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpat3

bpat3 New Member

Apparently I should have read some of the forums more closely before I registered. I have felt suicidal for about 30 years and made my one serious attempt 5 years ago. I deal daily with suicidal thoughts even with meds and therapy. I am seriously depressed and stuggling at the moment. It seems to me I wouldn't find much support here to keep going when most of what I've read in the Suicide forums is about people who are feeling helpless, have made double-digit attempts and say nothing but how the next one will be the last one because they'll ratch up the seriousness and "get it right". I have enough hopelessness in my own head-I don't need a site that does nothing to help me hang on but gives me plenty of ideas on why I should kill myself.

Where is the hope here? I'm very disappointed and it seems that if I was truly looking to die this site would be do more harm than good.
  2. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Hi bpat3, there are lots of pain here, because many who come here are baring there hearts, but there is also lots of support here. We help each other, and strengthen each other when one another is down. I hope you will give this site a little longer. Perhaps, you can read the section on "Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages". Perhaps you can help someone here also with your unique insight. Whatever your decision, I wish you the best. *hugs*
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum bpat3....
    I hope you stay and give SF a try...I have been suffering depression even longer than you and I've found SF has helped me..met a few lovely friends on here as well..:hug:
  4. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

HI! Welcome to the forums. It was never a mistake for you to join this site. Apparently, you were lucky enough to have found this site. The people here are amazing. They would help a lot more than you could expect. I hope your perspectives change. You are one wonderful person and you deserve a life long lived.
  5. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

The only hope I cling on is that I do not have to endure this alone..

Where there is community, there is hope..And in SF I have found my community rather than the world that rages outside my window.
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...we all see what we need to see...yes, there is much pain here but also keep in mind, these are 3,000 people who are still alive, struggling an horrific battle, and trying to hold on the the modicum of hope and faith they can muster...for these reasons, I see much caring and compassion here...I hope u find that support for yourself...big hugs and welcome again, J
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

;welcome: to the forum. While what you may see are the bearing of souls and cries of anguish, the fact that many of the members continue to ask for support, fight for things to get better and continue to exist is a testament to the fact there is hope. So many are desperate by the time they find us. We are their last hope. The last straw. They are dangling by a thread and by the support they receive here, that thread becomes stronger and stronger until it helps to hold them up and becomes more of a life line. Things are spolen here that many people have never shared previously. As a peer to peer support site, we help each other deal with the thoughts and feelings we simply can't share in the real world. I don't think you joining was a mistake at all. Give us some time to show you what we are about. Hopefully we can help you to find that light at the end of the tunnel that helps you to move forward and continue on. :hug:
  8. mutley

mutley New Member

I have joined this site just to speak to you.
    I to have had irrational thoughts about living in the past. If you want to speak further then please email me!

Love Mutley
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.