A mom.... who's really annoying me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Xenos, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

So here it goes..

I want to do track. Except school is far enough I'm not allowed to walk home. My dad, who's the only one that can drive, is at work all day + night. And friends can't drive other people until summer. So I go to my aunt's house to get a ride home because her house is nearby. Thing is I'm doing it behind my mom's back (who really hates my aunt and expects me not to "betray" her) For me, this is the only way I can get a ride home and keep in contact with her and my cousins because they're relatives.

So if she finds out just because I even said HI to my aunt, she'll treat me like an enemy, "ban" me from all the fun things I've always wanted to do, and we argue for a few weeks. It's all becoming too familiar.

Is this reasonable for a parent to do? Is this reasonable for ME to keep doing this?

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I personally think its wrong for your mother to do that.i've been in similar situations and always come out the bad person in the situation.all i can say from my own experience is, put yourself first.no one else ever does. :hug: just make sure your aunt isnt going to bring this up to get one over on your mum

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Hey bro.

You should not be in the middle of your mother not getting along with your aunt. Ask your aunt not to ever bring this up/keep it a secret, so then you can get on with the things you want to do/are doing.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Xenos,
    If your mother were to find out, would your father step in and interveene? He has to know how much your activities at school mean to you.. Other than that I agree with the others talk to your aunt and ask her to keep this between you both. Let her know that this is the only way you can spend quality time with her and your cousins. I'm sure she will respect that. Good Luck!!~Joseph~

5. joanne

joanne Member

Hi Xenos,

I don't think it's fair that you're in the middle of all this. You're in a difficult situation because you have to rely on the people around you to get back from track at school. I don't know you're exact situation but have you thought about sitting down with your Mum and telling her honestly what is going on? It might put you in a better situation to negotiate cab fare home from school or some other solution.

Good luck

6. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

I wish... my father's really complicated to understand because he doesn't talk much even in the family nor is he the type to be the medium between my mom and I. Maybe now and then he will try, but my mom will then throw the biggest fit possible so he will side with HER to avoid that.

I've actually tried that plenty of times... by experience with her, her needs come first before mine apparently... because she "knows" what's best for me, when all I really find is her being self-centered.

7. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Thank you all for replying and helping me out... seriously appreciate it.

8. angrychild 94

angrychild 94 New Member

I know how you feel man, my mom can be a real bitch. Just a while a go she saw a tiny faded red punch mark thats as small as an ant on her comuter table. She then just lashed out at me and said she was sick of me. Does anyone have any advice for me?

9. angrychild 94

angrychild 94 New Member

Mom's really suck

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.