A moment of defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody this is my first post to this site after i found it.

I applied for a job a week ago and they said i got the job, it's a really stupid job and i only applied for it because i need money to support my mother & brother but when i got in they said a different person got hired a couple hours before i got in. And even though i thought it was a stupid job i still felt a sense of defeat when they denied me after they didn't even look if they had any other position open they just simply denied me.

moments like these really make me want to go away from this world.

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
I agree, that's a really awful thing to do to someone.... Did they confirm you had the job in writing? If so, it might be worth looking into your legal rights as to their responsibility

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
I'm sorry to hear that Mr.Skippy - that's a hard learning curve. I guess the learning from it is that next time you find yourself offered a job, ask for written confirmation asap - you could always cite this experience if they ask you why.

Sometimes life throws up unfair curveballs, it's the way things seem to be,... but always good to look for ways to process them for when they happen. Maybe it was for the best, with it having been a stupid job - I do hope a much better one appears for you :)

I'm sorry to hear that Mr.Skippy - that's a hard learning curve. I guess the learning from it is that next time you find yourself offered a job, ask for written confirmation asap - you could always cite this experience if they ask you why.

Sometimes life throws up unfair curveballs, it's the way things seem to be,... but always good to look for ways to process them for when they happen. Maybe it was for the best, with it having been a stupid job - I do hope a much better one appears for you :)

Thank you so much! and i will ask for that

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
MrSkippy, I'm really sorry to hear about this. That's dreadful of them! Completely unprofessional on their part.

If at all possible, maybe keep in mind that you probably don't want to work for an organization that would do that to you or to anyone! I'm hoping there is a much better job for you just around the corner! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00