a moral dilemma...opinions needed!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Shock, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

This could sound awful, but I would like to ask anyones advice or opinions on this:

Hey I really want to help people making posts. I like the idea of this site and would like to thank those involved with it. But I feel I cant be honest to people who make posts anymore because, well, most of the time I just downright agree with what theyre saying.

How can I be positive and helpful when I myself am so down and feel very similar to the people I want to help? It seems so hypocritical to contradict my own thoughts...

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Well sometimes we just can't, I mean on a bad day I have barely any strength to say anything positive to anyone.
    It's best not to try/force it if you really can't.
    But on a better day, saying positive stuff to other people can lift my own spirits I think.
    Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

3. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people might be helped just by the fact of finding people who see things the way they do. Sort of like proof that they're not "insane" and alone. I think that can help a lot, so don't stop yourself :)

4. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Even if you can't find it within yourself to give advice, just a simple

:hug:

or

"take care, thinking of you"

can make the biggest difference. And I agree that making someone realise that they're not alone is comforting, even if it isn't advice.