A neverending fight

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Baldr, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

There are some happy moments in my life, but they get overshadowed by the sad ones.
    Why should I keep trying to win this fight against depression, only to get a few moments of happiness and it all comes back again?
    I simply do not see the point..
    I'm getting tired of this.. this life does not seem right for me, perhaps whatever comes after death will be.
  2. eddieukuk

eddieukuk Member

god i can so understand that x
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I know how you feel, but I'm still holding on to see what happens in the future. You never know what can happen from one day to the next, so you can only hope for the best.
  4. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with you. I've been in similar situations where I just want to give up the fight. My depression episodes may not be as bad as yours but at least you've stayed strong and have been battling them. Agreed, depression is a never ending battle but there's always help available that can help. Sometimes I wish I didn't have my suicidal thoughts and mild depression episodes. But, I know they'll be around for most of my life because I haven't defeated them yet. I try to look forward to the future which tends to help me with some of my episodes. But sometimes I feel that isn't enough to keep me going. I don't know what death will be like all I know is that I know where I'm going. I just don't know what they experience will be like. However, I don't want to go there by suicide at least at the moment. At least your fighting it, and I can understand why you don't see a point of continuing to fight it.

5. Baldr

I feel like I'm sinking deeper into depression..
  6. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Sorry to hear this hun. But as with anything in life, you go through the bad times and you go through the good times. The good times are what keeps us holding on for life and are a reminder that life isn't always that bad. It's true, it won't be bad forever, it does get better and it will get better.
  7. Baldr

I'm afraid I'll fail this year on school, not having high enough marks because I can't really learn because of a lack of willpower..
    My mom would freak out and would probably kick me out of the house, and I'd have to do the year again, if I'd stay in the same school I'd be put in a class with my sister and then she would make me feel worthless even more often..
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well I hope that school will get better for you. You said you have trouble learning because of a lack of willpower. Maybe you could apply yourself more or get extra help with your studies? In any case, I hope that things will get better for you.
  9. Baldr

I don't really have the willpower to try and understand explanations and things like that either I'm afraid..
    I do take extra lessons for the subjects I suck in, but now they've changed the system which means I'd have to wait 2 hours on thursdays to get an extra lesson of physics, and can't be able to get extra lessons for maths anymore because they're at the time I've got economy
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I can so relate to how you are feeling Vince. I'm sorry things are going so bad for you right now. I hope things get better for you in regards to your schooling :hug:
  11. ColdEye

ColdEye Member

I have been feeling the same for close to 8 months now. Heart broken, no job, no friends, having a family that is like living in another planet. It's a hard life for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.