A new challege to my accomplishments

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Chargette, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have found my way to get through each day in life and it has been turned upside down. I get to do this for awhile. I broke two bones in my forearm. One is splintered and the other is compressed into itself. No decision yet if there will be surgery.

The challenge I face is a whole new series of things I can't do. Also, my negative thought patterns have kicked in full swing. I'm hoping that I can focus on what I can do and not freak out about what I can't do.

I am starting to type with one hand a little better, :sigh:
  2. LipsOfDeceit

LipsOfDeceit Well-Known Member

Ouch, that sounds painful. It will take a while to adjust to using one hand till your other arm heals but that will get better in time, so remember you can do it! Hopefully it isn't too serious and I hope you have a speedy recovery! :hug:
  3. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Gotta be tough, think we all take having 2 hands for granted, can't imagine tying shoes, opening a can, buttoning a shirt, etc. with one hand.:nerves: Look at it in a positive way, if you can cope well with a big problem like that maybe it can set you up in dealing with what other issues you may have, confidence and learning to adapt can go a long way.:smile:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you heal quickly hugs to you. amazing how one can learn though to use the one hand so efficiently when one has too i do hope you have help to get you through the rough days hugs to you so many to help you feel better
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.