A new chapter

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bonbon718, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonbon718

bonbon718 Well-Known Member

A new chapter... and yet rhe same old story

I've been doing pretty well the last few weeks. But now I feel myself sliding down a slippery slope, and I don't know how to stop it. I don't know when or how I'll stop, or if I even can. I am a little scared.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: A new chapter... and yet rhe same old story

Hi hun those dips are scarey hun but now is time to keep reaching out for support okay so you know you are not alone. Is there a doc you can talk to hun a professional who can stop this downward movement. What has caused it hun do you know what it is

3. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

The dips are always so scary

But one thing I have learned over time is that the rest of this journey will have peaks and valleys and that's okay. What you need to do is set yourself up for success. For example, I am anorexic. I always will be. I have my good days and my bad days but there are things that I can do to trigger myself less. Such as deleting any pro-ana/mia blogs, removing my scale from my bathroom. The same goes for my self harm. Try finding certain things that trigger you and removing them and pin pointing specific things you do when you are low. It's helped me a lot.

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Dear bonbon,

Now that you know your mood is sliding down, I hope you do reach out before you completely lose control of your thoughts and begin to feel like a danger to yourself.. Can you call people to confide in about what you're going through? I think it is good that you realize what is happening, and my hope is that you will soon be able to deal with this scary and painful phase. ((Hugs)) Take good care.

Alex

5. bonbon718

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a doctor I can go to right now. And my closest friends have seen me improve so I don't want to worry or bother them.
    Christmas sucked this year. It was the first one without my dad..
    And the rest of my family didn't even bother contacting me or responding to my contact. I don't know why I keep trying with them.

6. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're starting to struggle again, ((Bonnie))... Please take good care of yourself and know that I'm one of the many friends here who truly cares. PM me anytime, Sweetie. Sending hugs and friendship...T :console:

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

PS: And I'm so sorry for your loss, Bonbon. My Dad is distant and aloof, and failed to protect me as a child, but I would be devistated to lose him. Sending love...

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bonbon, This was the first year without my mom..My dad is about to die also..I was glad he made it it out of the hospital to spend the day with us..I'm also distant with my sister and brother.. My other sister I live with.. She is my care taker..Enough of that I just want you to know that there are some of us who can relate to you..Keep reaching out and one of us will grab your hand and help you out..

8. bonbon718

Joseph,
    Thanks for your words. I'm sorry for the loss of your mom, and that your dad is not doing well. I really appreciate you sharing your situation. As much as it sucks, it helps to know someone else has gone/is going through something similar.
    This is one of the worst Christmases I have ever had. Last year may have been worse, because my dad was in the hospital from mid-December through the end of January, only to come home and die 5 days later. Anyway, I'm still struggling with the idea of "holiday cheer" and all that it means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.