A new day; a new page...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Daphna, May 9, 2014.

1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I look at life like it's a giant book. Every day produces a brand-new page. If I don't like my character; I can alter it to my liking, and I can edit out the errors along the way.
    When I wake up its a new beginning. What kind of adventure will I experience today? What lesson will unfold before me? What new thing can I discover about myself or about others?

Looking at life this way helps me forgive mistakes either made by myself or others toward me. It definitely; opens the door to learning and accepting. It also motivates me to do something new. After all; I am the main character of my story, and I want to experience what life has to offer.

Every day is a new page, and I will work towards making it a better experience than the day before. Will you join me? :butterfly1:

2. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

That sounds like a good perspective on life, I will certainly join you :)

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yes, I certainly will! When the mistakes of the past try to impose, I say to them: "I am a different person now" - not forgetting Lamentations 3; 19-25 - understanding that God gives us 'permission' to start again (over and over) because he knows of what we are made, while He transforms us from above - the only One who is able to renew us and give us new life, thanks to that first Easter.

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you both for replying! May today's page be filled with joyful learning! :) :hug:

5. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

The Time Is Now

Time for celebration, for relaxation and inspiration,
    For new beginnings and finding better ways of being.
    Time for fresh creation and affirmation,
    For experiencing beauty and love
    In higher and more meaningful ways.

Time for life and living and for forgiving,
    For being healed and healing,
    Ourselves, each other and our world.
    Time for listening to intuition and inspiration,
    So that healing may flow through us,
    To guide and show us how to conduct our lives
    More wholly and meaningfully.
    For reaching out to each other in friendship
    And discovering new ways of loving totally and unconditionally.
    Finding fulfilment by giving to our planet and healing it,
    Instead of merely taking and stealing from it.

Time for each to strive to fulfil their own Highest potential,
    As well as that of all humankind and the Earth.
    Each doing their own share of making God’s
    Greatest dreams and ambitions for humankind come true, through us.
    Time for applying ourselves and our lives to living
    In peace and kinship with all sentient beings on the Earth plane,
    As well as those presently in the world of spirit.

Time for freedom from all oppression,
    Especially of the spiritual kind,
    Through shedding false beliefs, superstitions and illusions
    That in the past stopped us from recognising our true nature.
    Time for living our ideals, following our
    Highest dreams for ourselves and our world
    By refusing to act on the desires of our lower earthly nature,
    Resisting all selfishness and greed,
    Until ever more wish to follow our example.

Time for sewing fresh seeds,
    In our own hearts and minds and those of others.
    Mustering the courage to speak up with the voice of our true selves,
    So that we may fully become once more that which we always have been,
    Since long before all life on this planet began, and that is love.

That’s why I’m telling you: ‘The time is now!’

Anon.
    Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom, Hope & Encouragement’

6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I tell you. I learned a lot today. I was able to hang out with those that know me best and share what I have been learning over the past few weeks about myself. Today was a great day. I got some sunshine, and then towards the end; the rains came and the air cooled. It was hot earlier :). This is one page that I don't feel like I have any regrets. I am going to strive to make tomorrow even better. I cannot wait to see what tomorrow holds! I hope your day was enjoyable as well.

If not; tomorrow is a new day. Learn from the lessons today, and apply them tomorrow. Learning from our trials helps us weed out what we don't like, and enables us to make goals for ourselves in the future. :hug:

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

One especially great plus was a rekindled friendship. That was one of the best parts. I just wanted to throw that in there. :butterfly2:

8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Today is the second day of the week. The first day of the school week. I had set some goals for myself today. I admire women with a soft tone in their voice. So I hope to practice softening my own voice in this way. Of course; patience is always something to work on and that is another goal.

I know that when I practice at these things: I will become stronger in them. Just like muscles attitudes need to be worked out. Character needs to be shaped. In reality; I will never be able to master these things in just one day and I expect many slip ups, but the more I practice the better I will get at it.

What are some goals that you are going to set for yourself today?

9. I absolutely love the idea of this thread and the way you think, and am definitely going to try and incorporate this into my own life. I've had a rubbish day today, one of those ones where I burst into tears everytime someone asks if I'm okay. Instead of sitting here wallowing, I'm gonna go for a run, something I haven't done for a few months. Thank you for inspiring and motivating me Daphna x

10. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for joining! Enjoy your run. It's too muddy for me to do so today. Lol. I look forward to a new day for such a task. :hug:

11. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Every day a new beginning.....

and thank you Aquarius for the poem - it resonates with me a lot.

It is never too late to lay down new neural pathways in the brain.... (scientists have recently proved this to be physically true).

Our self talk can therefore change from inner tapes that pull us down into new rays along which hope can be transmitted (hey, and not blue-ray either, lol! (sorry, feeble attempt at a joke). Call them yellow rays, and envisage them growing in your brain, feeding hope and light to your psyche :)

12. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello again. How did your run go?

13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Yesterday was great. I definitely kept my goals in mind and did better than I expected. By not expecting too much; anything more is a real accomplishment. Today I kind of went with the flow. It was great because I was able to spend time with my husband. He has been working long hours, and I missed him.

My goal for the week was to eat more salad. I have been doing better about this. Normally I am repelled by it, but if I have enough toppings I can choke it down.
    I ate one with all my favorite toppings: radishes, strawberries, black olives, bacos, and crushed boiled eggs. That's how all salads should be eaten in my book lol.

I wanted to run, but it's been raining. Perhaps another day?
    I cannot wait to see what I can accomplish tomorrow. Small goals work out better for me. Big change happens in tiny steps so I know it's going to work out.

I hope you had a great day. If not; there is always tomorrow. Make a plan and see it through. Don't expect too much and be happy with what you did accomplish. We can do this!

14. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

I liked your life perspective too. I will try to remember that when I start a new day.

15. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you. I am so glad your going to give it a go. If you like; keep me updated. :hug:

16. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had made up my mind to get to some things that I have been putting off. Today I am going to work on my gentle tone again. My children frustrate me somedays. Kids being kids. I know part of it is that they are stuck inside. It's been raining here. Today it's sunny! Yay! I think some outside play is just what we need.
    So my goals are to be more gentle, patient, and get some sun. Already it's off to a bad start, but the day isn't over. Perseverance is needed, and it guarantees success. I must not give up.

What are you doing today?

:purplepetals:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  17. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

Today I tried to focus at work. I worked a lot. More than I've been working in the last whole week, probably. I didn't log in on facebook, reddit, nor my personal email today. It was good, because I felt again as the competent and smart guy I know I can be. I just lack motivation. I have so much potential. I just need a reason.

Then, unfortunately, when I came back home for lunch, I had a bad moment.

The girls prepared a snack in the office in the afternoon and I joined them. It is better to eat when I have company. :)

18. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Good for you in you determination to focus at work. You should be really proud that you did! (Hug)
    It is good that you can admit that you had a bad moment. We all have those times. They are nothing to be ashamed of. We are able to let out repressed emotions in this way. Holding it in is never wise. I am so happy that you enjoyed your snack with the office girls. Being around others can be a great pick me up. Thanks for sharing and I hope today is even better for you.

19. Morning Daphna! My run was lovely thank you, I'm no where near as fit as I used to be but just going outside in the evening and walking/jogging was like a total release for me, anything that had annoyed or upset me during the day just washed away. I went 3 times this week and it's the calmest I've felt within myself for ages, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I'm supposed to be going down to the seaside today with my boyfriend, even though we decided on a break last week. It' going to be the hottest day of the year today in the UK so I'm really looking forward to it. If we go, my goal for the day is just to embrace everything and not worry or get wound up about a single thing.

I'll let you know if it goes to plan! Good luck to everyone else today xx

20. Well - that didn't work. He didn't wake up till gone 12 in the afternoon so we've decided not to leave until 6 in the evening 'cause it'll all be too packed to get down there - which in turn has wound me up because we only booked the concert in Brighton so we could make a day of it. Now I'm wasting my money in my car driving down to Brighton to see a concert I've could of seen last night in London for the mere price of a train fare.
    Now I know that when I go pick him up I'm gonna be wound up which was the exact opposite of my goal for the day. Any suggestions on something to kill the time in between to calm me down? xx