a new invention in catching criminals

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by adam_kasten, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam_kasten

adam_kasten New Member

a new invention in catching criminals
    I thought it was a playground for children, but I see that may be useful
    What do you think ....
  2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I think that sale sites like these should expand their formula beyond centered text with small pictures, red or bolded words, sentence headings, and lame and clearly fake "customer reviews" on a plain-coloured background, which is often blue.

And that you should go away, good sir.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
  3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Interesting. So mark our products with our finger prints? I suppose in 5 years it will be marking our products with a contained DNA sample. :D

Donno. I am already on the system because of a visa application, but.. I suppose it's a good idea.

Well. Lets say I was robbed today. The police were informed but were unable to catch the thiefe. I report the stolen items, A pc, xbox, tv and thats that, it goes onto the polices record and becomes almost as important as a stolen item from 2 years ago from any random person on their database.

Then the cops catch this particular theife the next day for another isolated crime of thieft. Will they catagorize all of the items in his house? (I doubt it but lets say that they do) Then how are they going to know it is mine? Sure there is the time situation where they would compare stolen pcs/xboxes in a 24 hour window. But that's alot of work.

Basically they'd have to catch him, then send a team of people to catalouge his entire house of items. Then once that is done compare the list of items against their database(while checking each individual item for blunt signs of ownership from the original owners(like ingravings), and then conclude (somehow) that the xbox/pc picked up could potentially be the one stolen from me. Then they would have to disassemble the xbox/pc to access where I hid my finger print, and then get the tools to reveal the finger print, digitally obtain in, reference it against my finger print and then give it back to me.

I really can't see the police department doing this for common generic things like car batteries and xboxs. PCs you might get away with because of the unique components, but any good thiefe would just disassemble it and sell them individually.

I donno. I dont know how particular the police departments are(obviously region depending) and I don't know how they direct their resources. So I suppose it would all depend on the local police departments dedication to common thieft.
  4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't care if people steal my shit.
    I don't own anything valuable.

AND I'm also a robot and I do not have fingerprints.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.