A new low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I've been severely depressed for over 6 months. I thought things were getting better but suddenly I'm starting to have new self harm thoughts. I hate blood, i hate pain.. But suddenly I'm thinking of cutting which is new and scary.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @Telula welcome to SF, I am glad you found us, there's loads of support to be found here 24/7.

Sorry you are in such distress, please don't self harm, its not the way to feel better. Keep talking about your issues, keep sharing and the folks of SF will be more than happy to help.

*hug

I'm mostly scared cause this is a new thought for me. I've done my best to distract myself from my despair by hiding behind the computer but it's starting not to work.

Welcome to SF we are all here for you*hug
Please don’t self harm, it will only make things worse. Self harming is not the solution, it won’t bring anything good, it will only make your struggle harder. Could you maybe reach out to people around you? You are not alone anymore, we are all here. Try and post the way you feel, your thoughts as much as you can. Talk to people here, you’ll find them very helpful. Don’t give up on yourself.

I don't have many people around me. I have my parents who don't understand depression and friends who don't care enough even to text. I always have to text first. They have all known I've been in the situation I'm in for this long and no one seems to care. I'm utterly alone. I've failed at everything I touch.. The list goes on.

Jezah81

Is there a specific thought that triggers this thought of harming yourself? Can you pinpoint what is making you feel this way or.is it kinda random? How old are you? if you open up it may just be the path from this inner turmoil you're feeling now

I'm not on any medications. I'm not seeing a professional because I have no insurance. I don't even know where to look for someone to help me.

They have all known I've been in the situation I'm in for this long and no one seems to care
It's hard to maintain relationships when you're depressed. A friend that can stick with you through the tough times can be hard to come by.

I'm not on any medications. I'm not seeing a professional because I have no insurance. I don't even know where to look for someone to help me
If you're in the US or Canada, you could try calling 211 or visiting 211.org. They can help connect you to healthcare and other services, like employment, food, and housing.

You may be eligible for government sponsored healthcare for people with disabilities, and also employment services for people with disabilities.

I hope that things can get better soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00