A newcomer

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Belladonna, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've been struggling with suicide for about five years now and have decided that I'm pretty screwed, at least my family is, if I have my way. Five years ago, I confessed to abuse that occurred when I was around 10 and that somehow opened a Pandora's Box of flashbacks/repressed memories of my childhood that I had essentially blocked out. All of a sudden, I could relate to those Lifetime movies! I haven't found a way to get to the "better", normal level of depression since and have been stuck in this suicidal place of keeping myself from making solid plans such as writing a will. What scares me is that I've learned, lilke most people, signs of suicide but have "learned" to fool myself. For example, it is "bad" to give away possessions, as far as being suicidal goes, however, I seem to get this "BS" yen to "clean up" which means give away stuff. I also enrolled in Life Insurance through work and the only time I feel happiness is when I fantasize about my death or "make plans" by reading books about euthanasia. It isn't active plans, just ease worries, I have already decided that my death day should be the same as my birthday so that there is only one dark anniversary for my family instead of two, but this though alone is disturbing because it's like I'm accepting that killing myself is inevitable and I'm trying to minimize the damage as much as I can. I've tried seeing therapists but no one has been able to get through to me. I think that because of my history of abuse, I disassociate and view myself as a third person. Because of this, I feel like I have a ton of insight but don't know what good it does and my therapists always seemed to get frustrated with me when I can't simply "believe" things such as my inherent value (if I know so many people that are so beautiful and amazing, why would I think that I'm irreplaceable?).

OK, I'm just rambling on about feeling stuck between two horrible choices and probably telling a story that most of you have heard a thousand times before. I guess I'm hoping to meet people that help me figure out this thing called "Donna's life" without giving up, of if I'm hopeless, and I do end up dying by my own hand, I have a chance to think things through. I hope I'm making sense to you guys because I barely make sense in my own head!

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Hey Belladonna, welcome to SF! :)
    Hope you find the support you need here. :hug:

3. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

Hey and welcome to SF Belladonna!

We're happy you visit us for support.
    We will do our very best to support you in any way possible.

If you want to talk to someone please send me or someone else a message and we'll do our best to help you.
    My message box is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. :)
    Also be sure to join the SF chat for support or if you just want to chat.

Take care,
    Jehuty

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum Belladonna.

I look forward to seeing you around :)

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome to the site!!

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Glad to meet you. :shake:

7. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi belladonna...... welcome to the forum

i hope you find support here. . . . . as i have

pm me if you want to talk. . .
    here we all understand all you are going through
    and all that you are feeling
    xxx :hug:

8. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF!

9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Donna!!

11. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Donna.

:hug: xx

12. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for such a warm welcome. You guys have really helped me feel less alone and like a disease!

13. sithspit

sithspit Well-Known Member

As said before, welcome Belladonna. I hope you find as much support and solace here as you need. I'm always here to talk to, even if I'm not an admin (I'm just chatty like that!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.