A parting gift

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Deleted SKU, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted SKU

Deleted SKU Well-Known Member

Kiss me one last time, let me feel the warmth
    I used to feel each time, before my heart was crushed
    Lost my hope of that, in some yesteryear
    Let me keep one delusion, before my life is hushed
    My pain is absolute, shredding through my heart
    Each night spent abandoned, crying on the floor
    Please let me from this hurt, with one moment of love
    Leave quietly, don't look back, before you shut the door
    Every dream i had, slowly slips away
    As nothingness becomes the only thing i crave
    Sweet release is now, my time has come at last
    Everything is gone, but a body in a grave.

2. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

So much sadness and pain but i love it. I wish i could write stuff like this :)

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you are releasing all that pain in words and i hope one day you can write with happiness again hugs

4. Deleted SKU

I don't think i could write if i was happy! Never really been it and tried, so i'm not sure. Just seems like the perpetual misery of life is the only thing that makes me write.

I think i'm getting used to writing in this particular style, as this one read better than the last i tried to write this way.

5. total eclipse

funny i too can only seem to write when there is so much pain inside me that need to be released i do understand You do write your pain so beautifully

6. Deleted SKU

I wish i did, but i always feel the words are lacking compared to what i want to express. It's like... holding an autumn leaf in your hand (for the want of a better metaphor). It's beautiful while growing, green and vibrant, watching its colour change as the seasons pass, until it's final flurry of beauty, when it falls from the tree... but all you have now is a dead leaf. You know where it came from, you can see it was beautiful, just not what it once was. I feel like the words i use are the same, just not as good as they could be, like the thought itself is much better, but by the time it's written, it isn't as it was.

7. total eclipse

YOur writing is so beautiful even your description of your writing it does not lose much to the reader anyways hugs to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.