A penny for my thoughts?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SomeguyUk, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomeguyUk

SomeguyUk Active Member

Again I sit here watching the sun set, not knowing how to set life straight. I'm a nice guy, I'll go a million miles to help a soul in need. But this world isn't the one I dreamed of, people are just rude and selfish in nature. A world where we judge a book by its cover then tell everyone to not judge a book by its cover so we can take a moral high ground. Which has lead to people only doing nice things because they look good while doing it, not because its nice to be nice. The way we look to others it crucial and you can sit there and say well I go my own way I will be myself, but it corrupts you as you will always find yourself wanting to look like a greek god and everyone to love you.

"What the fuck are you on about?" You might ask. Well to put it straight I'm sick of this world and if there is a God I am sick of him and his massive ego. I am happy for those who find peace in religion but I shall never understand why the good are punished and forgotten yet Evil and selfishness strive. I had a dream of kids and a loving wife but reality is a sour thing, I am good looking, I am nice, and you may laugh and say yeah whatever or I doubt it but I am, and its not being big headed just saying what I've been told (and not by just my mum :p). So yeah shit happens I get depressed. Shit happens to other people and me, I ask whats the fucking point of life? Is it just one big comedy for a Deity or some crazy experiment.

Will I end it today, perhaps not, I will always look for hope but alas if I do not find some then I'm not going to sit by and let this world consume me. I shall go and see whats on the other side, perhaps I can do more good there. I could ramble for days but I shall end it here. So I love you all and maybe with a little hope I'll see you around someday.

2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Well said,I agree with everything you said but unfortunately once you've woken up to the real world you can't go back to that ignorant state of being that the rest of the ants are in.Then the more you think about it the greater the pain of being here becomes...take care
  3. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

I generally don't like society/people, mostly because of my own generation and what they do, but there is genuinely nice people out there that aren't rude and they're not hard to find. I don't always go out of my way to help people or be nice and I wouldn't expect other people to either, but if someone is in desperate need for help I wouldn't think twice about trying to help and I'm sure most people wouldn't either. I try to do little things throughout the day to be nice, I let older folks in front of me at the checkout line, I hold doors open, most of the time I'll stop and let a car merge if they're at a stop sign etc.

What are you doing to better the world? We can all sit back and be critical of those around us without knowing anything about them but if you're doing the same then how can you look down on those people?
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Easily. Most people are assholes, so once they show that they're undeserving of respect, I can refrain from giving it to them and not feel bad about it...Also, most older folks are rude as can be and WILL butt right in front of you at the checkout line just because they're old or they're only buying one item.
  5. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

Some are but I wouldn't say most.
  6. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Please don't end it. come back and talk to us. We are here for you.
  7. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said, I am in the same situation and share same thoughts. This is a cruel world. I just hope you will find your way through this though times.
  8. SomeguyUk

SomeguyUk Active Member

Thanks for your replies folks, I only just checked recently out of curiosity. Nice to see there are good souls scattered throughout the world. Yes it is easy to be critical and be captain hindsight yet one day I just had this crystallising moment; I just thought to myself what am I doing with my life. I get a degree, I get a job, perhaps a family, then die. Only things I collect along the way are good memories, and I have a few good memories and many more bad ones. So is that what life is all about, collecting good memories?

As the saying goes, a man just needs someone to love. If you can't give him that, then give him something to hope for or believe in. And if you can't give him that, just give him something to do. If you cant give him that then he is already dead.
  9. SomeguyUk

SomeguyUk Active Member

If anyone can see the silver lining in sticking around please do prove me wrong.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.